Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Unexpected Visitors

Saturday night while talking to my youngest aunt she confirms that her husband's son and his fiancee are coming for Christmas. This is great...I love my uncle's son! His fiancee I have not met, but from what I've heard I am probably not going to like her...I guess no one who has met her does except for him. I guess it is true that you can't pick who you fall in love with! The kicker was that she is highly allergic to pet dander and my aunt and uncle have 3 dogs. So being the nice person that I am, I offer the munchkin's playroom up for a place to sleep. I found out tonight that it was politely declined and they will be staying at a hotel, at my aunt and uncle's expense I'm sure. I'm actually pretty relieved because I don't like people being around when I get up in the AM.

Sunday while spending time with the munchkin my cell phone rings and after a few minutes of chit-chat I determine that it is my cousin calling from his duty station. He starts talking about how he is working on his truck, wanting to know if we are all staying home for Christmas, blah, blah, blah. It comes down to the fact that he may be headed here for Christmas...Sunday night. Um, really? Okay. Then I start to wonder if the wifey is coming with or if she is history. I ask if they are spending Christmas with the in-laws who live a few hours from us and the reply is "maybe." He said he would call back and let me know what he is doing and of course no one has heard from him since. Maybe he didn't get the reaction he expected from me, but seriously...I wrote you all the time you were in bootcamp, sent cards, letters, etc. while you were in Iraq (more so than even one of my really good friends was deployed) and sent cards, texts, etc. after you came home and haven't heard from you in a year or two now...seriously I'm not going to go on and on about you "maybe" coming for Christmas less than a week from Christmas. I know, I know...I probably should call and see if they are coming or not, but at this point I don't really care. I'm thinking maybe they should plan a little better since no one in the family has a room for you to sleep in that has a bed in it or even an air mattress. I guess maybe they can take the air mattress vacated at the aunt and uncle's...

After my boss telling me Monday that officially-unofficially-all new assignments have ceased coming our way and that the unofficial rumor is that all current work will be taken from us within two weeks, I was advised to rid myself of all the assignments I am currently holding onto with the hopes of bringing to a close directly and to get my files as up to date as I can because I will be spending the coming weeks helping bail out the hapless souls that we work with. Our goal now has changed to minimizing our little department from looking like total incompetents. The good thing is the fact that out of the 11 people in my department there are 4 of us that have our shit pretty well together. As for the rest...well, I will spend my coming days freaking out about the possibility of no longer having a job next year and bailing other people's asses out of the deep holes they've spent years digging. So I spent 8.5 hours busting my ass clearing as many files as I could off my desk with the thought that the next two days I would spend busting my ass on the 34 files I have on my desk that I need to still close.

I faced my fear at lunch time Monday and went and weighed in for weight watchers. At the rate I've been eating, drinking, not exercising, and the fact that this is mother nature's week I was prepared for bad news. Of course when I woke up that morning I was dying of thirst so I had already drank 32ozs of water and had ate an apple and some peanut butter by the time I hopped up on that scale. I was so delighted when she said I had only gained 0.2lbs! I chalked that up to the water I had already consumed and left very, very happy!! :) I know I won't hit my goal of being below 300lbs by 1/1/10; however, my goal (with the stress and the holidays) has changed to just maintaining and not losing too much control. I'll reevaluate my goals on 1/2/10! :)

After work Monday I went grocery shopping only to be disappointed again in our new Super Wal-Marts! How the hell do you not have plastic disposable plates days before Christmas? How are people suppose to cut their turkey and ham on paper and styrofoam plates? So then I had to go to Meijers as well...lucky me! I come home after hours of shopping, unload, unpack, eat and attempt to call it a night. That would be when the munchkin woke up acting all crazy and ending the crazy talk with getting sick all over my bedroom floor. Nice... With no other symptoms and him claiming that he felt fine, he went right back to sleep and slept like a baby until after 7am this morning.

I left for work this morning and the munchkin went to school only to get "the call" less than 2 hours after I got to work. My baby was sick at school. It is always nice to drive 40+ miles one way to get paid for 2 hours work to drive back those same miles to pick up your son to come home and spend the day eating chicken noodle soup, sleeping and fearing that you will be struck down next with the 24-hour bug that is going around. Of course I'm sure I'm that horrible mother talked about at school that dared to send my son to school sick to infect everyone else's child for Christmas, because my munchkin loves telling people that he puked the night before. In all honesty, both me and my aunt (the RN) thought the vanilla frosty I brought home the night before didn't settle well with him. If I had even thought he had a bug or the stomach flu, I so wouldn't have sent him to school. I'm just not that way, but this is a new school so these folks don't know. He was fine when he left the house, but not so much when I picked him up. This will sound horrible, but there were also 5 other students that had been picked up this morning from school for the same problem, so he was not the only perpetrator.

Now...on to hump day to get everything else done tomorrow plus an early Christmas/Birthday visit with my man tomorrow night. Yay!!

Accomplished: 2, 3, 5, 7, 9, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 22, 24, 25, 28, 30, 31, 32
Started: 1, 4, 12, 15, 21, 26, 27
Untouched: 6, 8, 10, 11, 13, 14, 23, 28

The size of this post is why I try to post once a day...so sorry for the length, but with so many unexpected visitors and potential unexpected visitors I guess I had a lot to say... Hope you all are getting your last minute Christmas stuff done!

4 comments:

  1. no one likes my brothers' wife. she lets her daughter post naughty pics of herself on the internet, she's only just turned 17 AND now she's pregnant because she was allowed to stay overnight with older men...yea. i know. STUPID

    plus, her other 4 children were taken away from her because of drugs before she met my brother. i don't know if told you about that.

    anyways, i just wanted to let you know i understand and feel you. they are 4 hours away from me and they were only supose to be 2. apperantly they don't have the gas to make it to north indiana to see "our" family (aka his dad's family -he's my step brother) but they can stay in southern indiana with hers and when i offered up gas money for them to come here for a day it was declined. i am very upset. i want to see my brother before he deploys. --this is the same brother i dated in high school and my dad ended up marrying his mom!!! lol so we dated LONG before they got married :) but its still funny!

    when she asked why i couldn't drive down there i told her i can't take off work wednesday and drive down there its easier if they just drive up here while i'm at work and then we can hang out when i get off. fuggin biatch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry Blaez! Sometimes family sux!! :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just wanted to say in the midst of all of that, you are doing GREAT with your weight loss! I cannot wait to hear how much you lose in 2010.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Dani!! :) You and me both. I'll be getting back on that wagon come 1/4/10!! :)

    ReplyDelete