Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Saturday, December 19, 2009

With the tree up, the stockings hung, and the presents wrapped

I wish I could say that my job here is done, but as we all know it is not! Plus I think I may be missing one of Santa's gifts for the munchkin...damn it!

Due to the economy and the potential job loss I'm currently facing, along with the serious lack of funds and available credit, I've taken the frugal way out for Christmas this year! The gifts for the family are pretty crappy. I went shopping in the closet of j'lynn this year. You know how every year you end up buying too much for someone each year and put it away for "next year," but that never seems to come. Well, this year was that year!

I also have a few gifts that I received last year that just aren't "me," that will be going to better homes this year. Yes, I am "one of those people" who regift. I keep it straight where and who gave me what, because my decision to regift happens as soon as I open it. This usually happens when I get gifts at work functions. I'm sorry, I'm just not the kind of girl who needs a cheese slicing gift set, but when your name is picked as one of the last 3 out of 50+ people there wasn't much to choose from that year...

Almost all of my presents came out of my closet. The only things that didn't was the cutest pairs of gloves for all the girls in the family, but since those were on super-sale for $1.70 each I think I did okay there!! I wouldn't have added this to the gifts this year, except everyone in the family who saw mine loved them, so why not share the joy of hobo-gloves! :)

The munchkin is not getting everything he asked for either, which as a mommy it sucks when you can't get the things your child asks Santa for! I'm hopeful that he will still have a wonderful Christmas.

We...okay, I still have tons of stuff to do before Christmas Eve @ mom's with the family and Christmas Day @ my place...it is going to be a pretty busy rest of the weekend and week!

Accomplished: 2, 7, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 22, 24, 25, 28, 30, 32
Untouched: 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 21, 23, 26, 27, 29, 31

2 comments:

  1. I feel like I am behind for Christmas although I have most presents bought. Does anyone ever feel like they are ahead? Good job on the tree! And also good job on the presents. What a great way to give without breaking your bank.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks D! I used to feel like I was ahead of the game. Back in the pre-law school days when the tree would go up the day after Turkey day and was decorated in the matter of hours, the cards would hit the outgoing mailbox the following Monday and all presents were bought and wrapped no later than the Saturday night after that big Ford Christmas bonus would come... Those were the days! LOL This year I do feel like Christmas snuck up on me and I was so cocky with the thoughts that I would be on top of things getting done with exams almost 2 weeks sooner than the last 3 years before. HA!

    ReplyDelete