Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Nothing Like Visiting the ER on Christmas Morning

The munchkin woke up about 8:45am Christmas Morning and by 9:30am we were at the ER. Three hours later, several x-rays developed, and two scripts later we were back home. Dinner was relocated to mom's and the munchkin and I stayed home to tend to his croup and ear infection. What happened to "Merry Christmas to all & to all a good night?"

Now my house is totaled, our sleep schedule is all messed up since we went to bed at 6pm last night, I was up at 11pm catching up on emails and he woke up again at midnight and a second time at 2:30am and meds are being taken on a three hour rotation. Santa brought the munchkin lots of legos and the croup. Santa brought me a messy house, a $100 copay, and dinner packed in a basket...

Accomplished: 1, 2, 4, 12, 14, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 30
Started: 3, 10, 24, 29, 31, 32
Untouched: 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 11, 13, 15, 16, 23, 25, 26, 27, 28

4 comments:

  1. Aww, I'm so sorry! My sister's twins both have ear infections, luckily it didn't get quite as bad for them. She was able to get them to the doctor on Christmas eve morning and meds in them in time for Christmas. Poor little things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry about the twins Debbie! :( It sucks when kids are sick for Christmas. Like my munchkin likes to say..."I survived 3 illnesses in the last week!" LOL First the stomach flu, which got a call to the doctor on Tuesday; an ear infection which necessitated a visit to the doctor on Wednesday; and then the croup which lead us to the ER on Friday! Ugh. Needless to say...NOTHING was accomplished in my home all week. A sick child is much more work than a well child. I would attempt to start something and every few minutes he was in my lap telling me he didn't feel good....ugh....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor munchkin! That is rough for a child at Christmas. I remember one Christmas recently that I was very sick and it made me sad because I didnt even care about all of the food.

    Hope he is feeling better now. (I got sick AFTER Christmas and am just not getting better. Kind of made my time off suck).

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is getting better each day! He has had a rough two weeks. :(

    OMG...everyone I know seems to be sick. My bro and his whole family is sick, my LSBFF is sick, MyMormanGirl is sick and my x-SIL is sick. I swear it is like the germs are conspiring against me by making everyone around me sick! Ugh...I hate it when anyone is sick!

    I'm glad you are starting to get better Dani. That sucks that you had time off and would up sick. Feel better my friend!

    ReplyDelete