Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Another Saturday Comes & Goes...

and I accomplished nothing. Well, not really but nothing I should have. I woke up pretty late today and jumped on my email because I knew I had several to respond to. 24 actually. So I responded to all of those and began reliving my week as I responded to my emails. What a week it was too...

Monday I made my way home after seeing my honey as you well know and I was so exhausted. I was in the bed by 9pm and then Tuesday I was back to a semi-reality with work. But no classes since it was Spring Break, which is now over. Then Tuesday night I had to go to the local charter school for an informational meeting to see if it would be a good fit for the munchkin. I'm so confused because I don't believe in charter schools. But my baby is having trouble with the other kids. So I filled out the application and submitted it and now we wait...we wait for a lottery to take place on March 9th to see if he is one of the lucky ones to be picked. And even if he isn't then we wait to see if he will move up on the wait list as others opt to not take the spot they were given. Nothing is more stressful than dealing with your child and what is best for them and whether they will get it! So please keep your fingers crossed that what is suppose to happen and what will be the best for my munchkin happens! :)

Wednesday after work I had to go to the DMV to get my driver's license replaced. The last day I went to see my honey I put it in my pocket and apparently didn't put it in there the right way because when I squatted down to dig our snacks out of the vending machine I cracked it. Normally I wouldn't have paid the $9 to replace it until I have to get a new license in 2010, except visiting my man wouldn't happen, because they won't accept a damaged license at MDOC. Of course the fact that I have to wait 10 business days to receive it irritated me and I told the woman behind the desk that they were wasting my taxpayer dollars by not printing licenses right there. She said their rationale is because if you have fraudulent papers they don't walk out with a picture id. No...they wait 10 days for it! But they still get a picture id...duh!

Thursday, as you know, was the day that the family drama heated up with my ex-s-i-l. I'm still kind of in shock about the whole thing. According to the detective that contacted my mom, he is building a case against her too. She thinks her life has been rough so far...let her do a little time in prison and she will reevaluate her life quickly!! Again, the only people who are hurt in this whole mess (outside of the gentlemen who was shot, of course) are my two nephews. According to the local paper, the boyfriend is only 17 and so was the victim. Just children themselves. She is going to be 24!! Maybe she was the leader of the pack.... SCARY!!

Later that night I met up with my car guy. I picked out my next car so I'm excited about that. I'm looking at a 2009 Ford Escape Limited 4x4, black pearl, leather charcoal interior, moon roof. I'm so excited about that, but not excited about the amount of money I have to put down to pay off my lease and get my payment to an amount that I can afford. I'm hoping my car insurance won't jump too! EEK!! We are in a recession and I'm trying to look at ways to cut expenses and I'm having to buy a new car. I guess I'm supporting the Big-3, so that is a good thing and since my aunt and uncle bought 2 new cars (a Dodge & a Jeep) I guess my family is contributing to keep the Big-3 going! ;) Way to go family!!! Now it is time to buckle down and go green! I have about 1500 miles left on my lease so I'm going to eat up more miles this month and get the car by the end of the month since my $5,000 rebates expire at the end of the month! LOL I'll post pictures once I get it. :)

Friday I said good-bye to a friend. One of my co-workers got a new job so we said good-bye to him Friday with cake (which is a staple in my office!) and drinks after work. After 4 drinks in 4 hours I left that bar and met up with my "other" aunt and my mom and had one drink there. Then we went to Big Boys to have fish since it was Friday during lent and I followed them home to make sure they made it home okay. Of course I didn't go to bed until 3am last night so I could digest my fish.

Now I'm off to write my honey as I haven't wrote him but once in the last 2 months I think! I'm sure he will be surprised!! :D I hope you all had a fabulous Saturday and was able to relax a bit too.... Enjoy your Sunday too!

2 comments:

  1. Hey - now we will have matching cars! Minus the leather on my end. Know what you mean about that left over lease wrangling. I pay an extra $100 per month from last time. Next time, I am buying a car!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah...my lease was/is stressful for me! I won't be doing that again. I'm excited about getting it by the end of the month....1,500 miles to go! LOL

    ReplyDelete