Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Saturday, September 11, 2010

9/11~~Never Forget

Today is the 9th anniversary of 9/11. In between doing errands and fun things with my munchkin I've battled back tears on several occasions. I remember that fateful day 9 years ago like it was yesterday. My heart just breaks every time I think about it and all the great people lost and hurt that day as a result of such a cowardly act. I pray for everyone as nine years ago all of our lives changed forever...

If I had my way today I would have stayed in, glued to the TV watching tributes and memorials, but I couldn't. I had things to do and I guess the biggest "in your face" thing we can do to show the terrorists and al-Qaeda that they did not break us is to continue living our lives, changed but still free. And that is what we did today!

Today the munchkin had to get his soccer pictures taken and from there we went to our church's festival. It rained the entire time we were there, but that didn't stop us from eating (like crazy), playing games and buying books! We probably would have stayed longer, but since it had been pouring for the 2 hours we were there we called it a day.

Of course before we headed up to get the munchkin's pictures taken I had to go to my bakery and bitch about the cakes I bought last week. I've purchased tons of cakes from them and this was the worst cake ever. I was not happy, especially since it cost me $50!

Looks pretty, doesn't it?


Apparently the cake baked uneven and whoever was tasked with decorating it just tried to cover up the mistake!


I like frosting with the rest of the world. It is some yummy stuff, but this was crazy. Especially on a frickin' carrot cake. They graciously gave me store credit for $50. Needless to say the munchkin's 9th B-day cake already has a down payment made on it. ;) I'm hoping now my cake-tastrophy is finally over!

Consider it done: 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 16, 18, 22, 23, 25
Just getting started: 6, 8, 26, 27
Needs attention: 4, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 19, 20, 21, 24, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32

4 comments:

  1. I have a sudden hankering for cake. Wonder why! ;}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Juliet~~It was yummy too! Needless to say I left the leftovers at my mom's! It wasn't made properly, but it was very, very, very YUMMY!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my god!! they never should have sold you that cake... at least they gave you your money back!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blaez~~you are so correct! That's what I told the owner...it should never have made its way to the floor. He was very nice about it and seemed embarrassed by the whole thing. I'm just glad it was just for family or else I would have been embarrassed too...

    ReplyDelete