Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

What a Frickin' Day!

I got up a little later than I wanted, especially on mornings I need to go to court for my Externship, but I balanced things out without washing my hair. It was all good, because I washed it yesterday morning plus it was pouring outside with a nice wind blowing things around. I got on the road earlier than lately and then it happened...traffic!

The expressway I take to get into downtown is the same whether I'm going to work, school or my Externship. For months now there has been a lane closed going over the great big bridge. So can someone explain to me why, even months later, there remains a traffic jam south of the lane closure every single day? Once you do that can you then explain to me why this morning traffic came to a crawl 6 miles before the lane closure? And even on a normal day that crawl begins between 3 and 5 miles before the lane closure. WHY?!?

I make it to the courthouse and today would be my first day using my new found...er...obtained badge. This allowed me to go through the "attorney" line without feeling like I was committing a crime or something. I was so excited! So when I finally got up there I asked the deputy if I needed to put my badge in a little bowl to go through the metal detector. She looked at me like I was crazy! She then told me to just put it in my bag. I wanted to ask her if she maybe wanted to see it. Apparently she didn't care and the line was backed up behind me, plus I was running a few minutes late so I just moved forward.

Of course ever since I purchased my two new bras I now trigger all metal detectors. I don't know why...maybe it is because they are better bras and the underwire is stronger. I don't know, but apparently this gives every single metal detector screener grief. They wand me and it never fails that the stupid thing goes off on my ankles not my bra, but the only thing different on me going through now is the bra. I can't explain this. Regardless if I'm going to see my guy or if I'm going into court I now set off the metal detectors. Crazy if you ask me!

I get upstairs and of course the two defense attorneys are running late, but I'm always so happy that the our client and the co-defendant are always there. On time! Such good boys! I was so excited to bring this trial to a conclusion today. I've enjoyed it, but there is no reason why this 1.5 day trial should be on week #3 and into day #3. We go through the morning, call our 3 witnesses and then it is Co-Defense Counsel's turn. Apparently he did have a stroke because the fool put his client on the stand!! This was such a bad move! Both us and he had everything we both need for our closing and to give reasonable doubt. After hearing that crazy testimony I don't think it bodes well. There is still reasonable doubt to be had, but placing a defendant on the stand can certain swing things against you.

Close to noon everyone rested and the prosecutor inquired about a stipulation. The attorney I'm shadowing wanted to inquire as to how the stipulation would be worded before she agreed to it. Apparently this upset the very easily-irritable judge, because instead of letting this get worked out, potentially over a lunch break, and coming back to give closing arguments he opts to dismiss the jury for the rest of the day and we can all show back up tomorrow at 9am. Are you kidding me??!!??

Even though I didn't want to I opted to head over to work to get some stuff done and more importantly to be able to return tomorrow. Finally at 7:30pm I left work...exhausted and irritated. I got tons done, but this current project I'm working on does not appear to have an end in sight. It is due by the end of the month...

Hopefully tomorrow will bring a conclusion to our trial and more importantly we will get a quick verdict and that would be a not guilty verdict!

Consider it done:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 31, 33, 34, 35, 36
Just getting started: 11, 13, 14, 15, 19, 30, 32, 37, 38
Needs attention: 8*, 12, 16, 17, 18

*~~I still mention this because I'm still pissed off from last Saturday. Just saying...

No comments:

Post a Comment