Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Let Me Help You Get Home

Another exhausting day has passed. Thursdays are so long for me with having to go to work, then class, then back to work. Plus with the crazy stuff at work it was really hard to leave school and not just drive straight home this afternoon. But I returned to work and ended up working till 8pm. :(

On my way home I stopped to a local gas station to fill up, grab smokes and a diet coke. There may have also been a trip to Arby's inside that occurred as well. While I was filling up I saw a beat-up old Jeep Cherokee sitting there with a sign on it that read "Out of Gas" and my heart just sank. I had a debate in my head as to whether I should help or not. After pumping my gas I opted to go and park and as I walked past the back of the Jeep I looked at their plates and they were definitely not local! They were actually from 3 states away. At that moment I made my decision, walked over and knocked on the driver's window. I filled their tank to help get them home and only asked that they remember this and in the future they pay it forward for someone else! They were really appreciative and since they had 322 miles to drive over the next 5.5 hours I can feel good about helping them get over halfway home. I would just hope that someone would do it for me or a loved one of mine if they were 3 states from home without gas.

Consider it done: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 14, 15, 16, 18, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 27, 28, 29, 30
Just getting started: 13, 26, 31, 32
Needs attention: 12, 17, 19, 20

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that is so awesome of you to do!! Sounds like you helped someone who really needed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie~~I definitely felt good doing it! :)

    ReplyDelete