Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Sunday, September 5, 2010

It Is All About The Uncles Today

Last night I did not go to bed until around 3am after all of the crazy stuff that had developed in the neighborhood! My former neighbor had called me at 12:41am to see if everyone had left the area. After talking to her for almost an hour, I tried to chill out and before I knew it it was 3am. Opps! Of course 5 minutes after I laid down I swear to God someone knocked on my door, twice. I got up, grabbed my phone, put my glasses on and made my way to the front door, but no one was there. I went back to bed and fell asleep, finally.

Of course I was awakened by my guy's call at ten to nine this morning and after we spoke I debated laying back down, but I didn't. Before I knew it, it was time to get ready and go to my mom's for the family cookout. I was just praying that my bro & his wife didn't show up, because I am in no mood to be around her.

At the cookout I met my unc's new wife who seems very nice, but very rough. I guess that happens after you live on your own for over 30 years in the wilderness of Alaska. My goodness the woman had to shoot and kill a grizzly bear (or a brown bear...regardless of the type it was a big-ass bear) in her living room one night because she knew it was either kill or be killed. Daym!! It is strange because I've had issues with my unc since 1994 and I haven't seen him since the munchkin and I attended his son, my cousin, Ranger's graduation from bootcamp at Ft. Benning in 2007. There were no "hellos" or hugs seeing my unc tonight. He definitely isn't the same man I once knew... Of course I'm sure it didn't help that the two of them had been drinking since that morning and it was now going on 5pm...

We did the cookout, celebrated my (other) uncle's birthday, took some pictures, and as they prepared to have a fire and sit around roasting marshmallows while chit-chatting I opted to take off. It just isn't my thing right now, plus I had things to do! Leaving there I connected with Faye (formally known as "A") and took 3 pairs of my munchkin's shoes to her for her son. All 3 fit and we agreed upon a price of $10. After chatting for a while, I came home and started getting some of my stuff done. Apparently I'm moving slower than a 100 year old turtle this weekend, so thank goodness I have tomorrow at home to continue getting things done or else I'd be having another week like last week and I really don't need that right now.

With everything said and done, I am just very happy I got to wish my uncle a Happy Birthday! Especially with everything he has been through the last several years with his health. Of course he feel or tripped on my mom's porch on his way inside for today's cookout. :( The poor man just can't catch a break. Through it all though, Happy Birthday Uncle!!! They say double number years are good luck, so let's hope "55" is your year!! ;)

Consider it done:
1, 2, 5, 6, 7, 16, 25
Just getting started: 3, 4, 8, 13, 14, 15, 28, 29, 30, 33, 34
Needs attention: 9, 10, 11, 12, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 26, 27, 31, 32

No comments:

Post a Comment