Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Saturday, September 4, 2010

From Cake-tastrophy To Security

So, I had this plan of blogging this weekend. I was going to devote one day to my Externship experiences this past week, another day to work experiences this past week, and a final day to life in general from this past week. I did not expect to have the day I've had today, which now takes precedent over all of those for tonight's post!

I got up this morning around 10:15am when my guy called. He has been sick for about a week now, but he definitely sounded better this morning than he did last night. After I hung up from him I called my friend "A" back as she had beeped in during our call. After chatting with her I called my aunt to see if she had my munchkin's shoes from last year that he never wore (the jerk gave us the wrong size and of course this wasn't discovered until we tried to break them out a couple months into school). I decided I was going to sell these to "A" because she needed shoes for her son, they were the perfect size, and I know she has like no money. Plus how much am I going to really get for them at a yard sale?!?

After that was all settled I called my other aunt to find out how old my uncle was going to be tomorrow. Of course my uncle answered the phone and he started talking and talking and talking! Almost an hour later I hung up, because my aunt was beeping in. Of course I had not learned how old my uncle was going to be during that hour, but I had deduced he was going to be 55! My aunt was calling to see if I wanted to have lunch with her & my munchkin. I was totally up for that, but I hadn't even showered yet and I needed to get my allergy shot and pick up a birthday cake for my uncle. I hoped in the shower as quick as possible, raced off to get my allergy shot and then went on to the bakery before meeting them for lunch.

At the bakery I ended up with a Cake-tastrophe!! There were no chocolate cakes! WTF?! How is that even possible? I was shocked! So I ended up having to piece things together to end up with what would satisfy what I wanted/needed. Of course this ends up with me buying a shit load of cakes! I ended up buying a carrot cake, which was way bigger than I wanted. Of course this didn't satisfy my two requirements~~chocolate & a "birthday" look. I had planned on getting cupcakes for the kids, so I settled on getting a pack of 6 cupcakes which were actually chocolate ho-ho cupcakes. Now for the birthday look, I went with what they call a "cake slice," which is like a quarter of a round cake all decorated...birthday like. I sure hope the family is up for a lot of cake tomorrow....

Then I met up with the munchkin & my aunt for lunch. We had a blast! Then I came home to get started on some of my things. When I was hauling in all of my cakes, my former neighbor and her husband pulled up. They were moving her niece out from next door. We chatted for a bit and then she went back over to continue to help everyone with moving the niece out. Since I hadn't accomplished much by then and the fact that even though "A" was suppose to come right over to pick up those shoes and over 2 hours had passed and she still hadn't shown up I decided to lay down for a nap. After three phone calls and a knock on my door, I decided to give up on my nap.

The knock was from my former neighbor, again, asking to borrow some cleaning supplies. In the next few hours things would become drama filled in the neighborhood. An hour and a half later my former neighbor showed back up at my door, shaking and crying. There were a series of text messages between her and her niece. They basically indicated that the niece was going to be contacting the police and show back up to the house (her & the boyfriend went to a birthday party earlier in the day for one of her two sons that she no longer has custody of) to force their way back into the home. My former neighbors waited for 2.5 hours, but no one showed up and according to the local Sheriff's Department no one had called. They decided to leave and within 15 minutes the niece & her boyfriend showed up at the house.

I phoned my former neighbor and park security. Back outside in the very cool temps security advised the niece & the boyfriend that if they enter the home now they will be arrested. There were lots of raised voices and finally within an hour everyone went their separate ways and I was able to close my door and lock it for good for the night. Too bad it was already close to midnight and I've accomplished very little. Good thing I have Monday on my side!

Consider it done: 1, 2, 5*, 6, 7
Just getting started: 3, 4**, 8, 15, 25, 28
Needs attention: 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 26, 27, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34

*~~I called, left a message and there was no return call. Guess I'll have to find my own way Tuesday morning by just showing up to a court and rolling the dice!
**~~I called, left a message and there was no return call. Do you see a pattern here?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment