Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Sunday, September 12, 2010

"The Track"~Am I On It, Off It; Or Just Stumbling My Way Around

The last few weeks I've been struggling to get into the routine of my new schedule. My schedule is pretty crazy right now. The way it is suppose to work is:

Mondays:
8am-3pm @ My Externship (of course this is not going smoothly for various reasons)
4pm-5:50pm @ My MBE Class
6pm-7:50pm @ My SBM Essay Class

Tuesdays:
8am-12pm @ My Externship
12:30pm-6:30pm @ My Regular Job
7:30pm @ The Gym

Wednesdays:
8am-6:30pm @ My Regular Job

Thursdays:
8am-12:15pm @ My Regular Job
1pm-1:50pm @ My Externship Class (Yes, we still have class for it!)
2:45pm-6:30pm @ Back to My Regular Job
7:30pm @ The Gym

Fridays:
8am-4:30pm @ My Regular Job

By doing it this way it allows for me to fulfill all of my requirements. (1) I must work 32 hours a week at my job. (2) I must do a minimum of 8.5 hours a week at my Externship for 14 weeks in order to fulfill the requirement of getting between 120-180 hours there to receive credit. And since I don't like being at the bottom of the scale I definitely want to do a minimum of 150 hours.

But doing it this way makes for a really long week and I've yet to have a "calm, normal" week to execute all of these things. Just this past week I really started to get in the groove of this new schedule. I was able to make it to each "appointment" on my schedule and only had one goof up and that was forgetting to take my black binder to my Thursday class...or any paper for that matter. Good thing my LSBFF is in class with me and she was able to give me a couple sheets!

Last week was also the first week in a while that I've been able to attempt to get back on track with my healthy living goals. I'm talking like a real good faith attempt not just "thinking" about it. I actually did really well Tuesday, Wednesday and the majority of Thursday, but since I had to attend a 3rd Grade Parent Informational Meeting at the munchkin's school Thursday night that lasted much longer than anticipated I stumbled on that track and ended up with Taco Bell for dinner at 9pm instead of going to the gym or eating something at home. I also didn't make it to the gym Tuesday because it was the munchkin's first day of school and I really wanted to come home and bask in his excitement for a few hours!

Then Friday things got crazy at work and this led me and two of my co-workers to decide to go out for lunch and a lunch consisting of chips & salsa, a strawberry margarita, and a shrimp quesadilla isn't really conducive to a weight loss goal for the week. Normally this wouldn't have been really too bad, but I also apparently drank less than 24 ozs of water that whole day. Then Saturday rolls around with all its yummy church festival food and lack of any water for the whole day and then you start to feel like you haven't just stumbled on the track you've actually left the whole damn track in a cloud of dust!

I just didn't picture this semester's schedule being filled with so many necessary distractions, especially in the beginning, nor did I imagine that I would be having such a horrible time trying to adjust to it. Even though this week was still successful (Hello! A loss is a loss and I'll take it!!) I am longing for a week to follow the plan that I've set up for myself without any disruptions.

Today's Stats...

Starting weight (7/8/09): 363lbs
Current weight: 321.8lbs
This week's results: -.4lbs
Total weight lost: -41.2lbs

I'm hoping to be able to get through the entire week running on the track and not running away from the track in defeat.
It isn't going to be easy this week though...I have major coupons that are expiring Tuesday at one of my clothes stores and I really want to use them!! But since my LSBFF and I are attending a seminar at 5pm Wednesday night and then doing dinner after I had thought I would work an hour later on both Tuesday and Thursday to make up that time in order to get my 32 hours in, but then what happens to my coupons and equally important what happens to my plan to hit the gym those two nights. I guess we will have to wait and see how this all unfolds, but I'm trying to stay positive that I can get it all done and have a very successful week!

Consider it done: 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 16, 18, 21, 22, 23, 25, 30
Just getting started: 26, 27, 28, 29, 31, 32
Needs attention: 4, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 19, 20, 24

No comments:

Post a Comment