Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Ecology Day

This is something that my company does once a year in September. It is to allow you to clean up and clean out work areas. I love this day every year, because I get to wear jeans, a tee-shirt, my sandals and clean up my office. I get to wipe stuff down, dust things off, reorganize what needs to be reorganize, etc...

Well, when I got a rush first thing this morning from our CS and I made contact with my boss about the fact that the rush was forthcoming I was admonished when she implied I could handle it and then said, "I need an Ecology Day more than you do." Well, well, well... Now do not get me wrong, I actually love my boss. She is pretty awesome. But after looking forward to today for a year I felt like she sucked the life out of me. :( I handled the rush and then there was another, and another, and another.

How much "Ecology" Day did I get to enjoy? NONE! I never even got to wipe anything down, let alone reorganize and become refreshed. I was so sadden and a bite upset. I know I have a lot of work to do and we are only there for 4 hours tomorrow before we go for our annual firm picnic. The only clean up I did was on my email in-box, which is part of my normal workday.

On top of all of this, about 2.5 hours in to my work day I received an email from MyMormonGirl asking if I received her text. I told her I hadn't and when I checked my phone it shut itself off since I had hung up from my aunt 2 hours earlier. This is exactly how it started with the last 3 phones I've had since December 2007!! I've so had it with my LG phones and will NEVER buy another one! Ugh. Of course during the 2 hours my phone was shut off my man called and I missed it...ugh... Needless to say, I am looking at making a trip to the cell phone store this weekend to get my crackberry.

So needless to say...my Ecology Day blew from go! :( I felt so blah that even when my guy called a few hours later I was in such a funk that he apologized to me for me being in such a shitty mood. Nice, huh?! Ugh...

My mood did not improve when I got to school and realized that I had left my folder (which held the assignments I had to turn in @ 6pm) for Pre-Trial on my desk at work. I had time but I was not about to hop back in my car and go back to get it. I reprinted my assignments and went on to class.

The bright spot of my day~~dinner w/my LSBFF! Boy oh boy...I needed that! I had a great time eating chips & salsa and chatting for a few hours. Thank you LSBFF!! :D

TGIF~tomorrow!!!!

4 comments:

  1. did you end up with chips and salsa? I had some the other day by work and it wasnt as good.

    On another note, maybe I should spread the idea of Ecology Day to my office. God only knows the firm needs some clean up time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did end up with chips & salsa, but they tasted off...maybe it was just me or maybe it was because I was so tired. But I think we need to make a trip there again so I can retest them! ;)

    The idea of Ecology Day should be spread to every office. I love it...well, except this year. :( Guess I'll be doing my cleaning on my regular time...maybe I'll do it on a Friday and bring a hot dog so it feels more like Ecology Day...my own personal Ecology Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. in my office you have a few minutes of spare time then you're encourage to clean and organize often. its one of the things i like about where i work. they even provide us with nice and high quality cleaning supplies.

    i loooove chips and salsa!! one of my fave things when you go to a authentic mexican place is chips and salsa are provided complimentary.

    i am sorry your boss was such a bitch tho. that is wrong of her :(

    yea, i was never too happy with my LG phones. We went to motorola "hello moto" and were pretty happy and I'm just in love with my crackberry!! i was gonna email you my pin# so we could be crackberry buddies on the crackberry messenger, so you email me your number and I'll request to add you and send you my number geminitwinsfyre @ gmail dot com.

    and whether your man has read the stand or not you should buy it for him. its always worth a re-read! :D aaaaaaaaallllllll stephen king is always worth a re-read. i make sure i buy books because i always want to back and read em again later. i usually go through my stash of his books yearly. i'm addicted and they never get old!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think my company believes that if you have a few minutes of spare time outside of Ecology Day, you aren't working hard enough and there is more they can give you to do! LOL

    Blaez...you would love the chips & salsa at our fave chips & salsa place...they are so delicious....YUMMY!!

    Yes it was, but I will admit she gave me a kick ass review on Friday for my mid-term review.

    I too was always happy with my motorola. I hope to say some day that I'm totally in love with my crackberry! yes, we can be crackberry messenger friends. :) I emailed you my pin.

    I will so order that book for him regardless if he has read it or not! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete