Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Sunday, May 16, 2010

An Important Date In My Family

In my family May 16th is a big date. It is my Nana's birthday (she would have been 84 today~~Happy Birthday Nana! We love you & miss you like crazy!!) and it is also my aunt & uncle's wedding anniversary (I think it has been 23 years now). So needless to say this is an important date in our family...

Friday~~I was beyond irritated and frustrated the majority day at work, but by the end of the day I was feeling better. I don't know if it was because the week was finally coming to an end or if it was during another conversation with my boss where she said I was one of the few in the office that actually did their job completely and correctly. That made me feel good, actually great, but I haven't figured out why people cannot just do their job!?! Wouldn't life just be easier if we all did our jobs? And did them correctly? If everyone did their job completely and correctly less people would be irritated and frustrated and life would be a bit better at work and since we spend so much time at work I believe in the end life in general would be better. But I guess this is just me!

After work, I raced off to see my guy. Things have been a little strained this week with us, because during a conversation Wednesday morning I said something snarky and then the phone clicked and our conversation was over. I was beyond pissed and hurt over the idea that my guy had just hung up on me. As soon as I got to the office I fired off an email to him saying how I didn't think what I said was worthy of being hung up on... Less than an hour than the first call came in, my guy called back to tell me that the fire alarm was pulled in his neighboring unit (again...apparently someone there has a fetish with pulling the fire alarm averaging 3 pulls a day/night) and therefore the phones were instantly shut off. Opps! My bad. So I had to tell him to ignore my earlier email... I guess my "jumping to conclusions" put a little damper in his step, because he didn't call Thursday or Friday. Men can be such babies! Regardless we had a good visit, except I was exhausted. This always happens with my Friday night visits, but this week I was super tired. It probably has to do with the constant rain we've had all week.

Saturday~~Up and out of the house early. The munchkin had the Scout-O-Rama to attend and the Pine Wood Derby to race. We rooted hard, but the munchkin lost all 4 of his races. He was really disappointed until he discovered he could take his car home now and play with it! We then spent a couple of hours walking around the boy scout camp sites, grabbed some yummy food, and then we went our separate ways...I came home, mom & dad went off on their bikes to wherever their 2 wheels were to take them, and the munchkin with aunt stayed to play on the amusement rides (i.e. two bouncies and a rock wall). I came home and basically did nothing. I was just so darn tired. I thought about going to bed at 5pm, then again at 7pm and again at 9pm. Finally at 9:30pm I decided to finally make my way to the bed. I was playing klondike on my crackberry when my man called about 20 after 10:00pm to see how the munchkin made out. Of course less than 5 minutes into our conversation some asshole pulled the fire alarm, again. What is wrong with these guys?!? The phones didn't shut off so we kept talking until a CO came up to ask my guy what he was doing. LOL When he learned the phones didn't shut off like they are suppose to, the CO told my guy to hang up the damn phone. I then rolled over and went to sleep...

Until my guy called and woke me up this morning at 9am. It almost makes things feel normal, going to sleep with my guy's voice the last thing I hear and the first thing I hear in the morning. Well, with the exception of the ringing phone in the middle...

I'm hoping this little blip up is thanks to Mother Nature's impending arrival. Last Saturday when I went to the psychic at Ladies Night she told me there are two things holding me back with my weight loss goals...school and lack of will power. Duh! I know this already and didn't need a psychic to tell me that! I need someone to tell me how to over come those two things...

Today's stats:

Starting weight (7/8/09): 363.0lbs
Current weight (today): 322.4lbs
This week's results: +0.8lbs
Total weight lost: 39.6lbs

Consider it done: 1, 2, 3, 11, 12, 14, 16
Just getting started: 4, 5, 13, 15
Needs attention: 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28

2 comments:

  1. i think you need to demand your money back from the psychic!

    if/when we ever get to hang out personally i'll read the tarot for you. i don't like to do it long distance unless its a dire emergency.

    i have a lack of willpower with sweets and soda. i am also bad about letting things that interupt my routine be a scapegoat on not doing what needs to be done...

    i have faith in you!! you go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blaez~~LOL...good thing it was free, huh? I would love it if you would read the tarot for me. I'll take it any way I can get it!

    You and me both Blaez...I can come up with an excuse/scapegoat in a heartbeat!

    Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete