Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Monday, January 23, 2012

Cooking Up A Storm

As you well know I am not the domestic type; however, I've had the desire to cook lately so I decided to make some of my favorite winter dishes this week.

So far, I've made a very yummy chili!  I'm not the best chili cooker and would never enter a chili cook-off and I'm very envious of those that can do chili.  I was so hungry for homemade chili though and the munchkin just loves it.  So I ended up putting like 3 recipes for chili together and viola!  Yum, yum, yum!!  I made an entire slow-cooker full and we are down to just a little bit left!  The munchkin always asks for seconds of chili and finally he asked for seconds of my chili!

Tomorrow I'm going to put stuffed green peppers over before I leave for work and then sloppy joes are on the horizon for later in the week!  Since my son will not be into the stuffed green peppers I figure the first night or two he can have the rest of the chili and if push comes to shove I will fix him some hot dogs, which are his favorites!

A few weeks ago I made the best bean soup I've made in a long time!  So I'm not sure what has gotten into me, but I'll ride this for as long as it takes me!

What are you cooking these winter months?

No comments:

Post a Comment