Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Monday, February 9, 2009

How Exciting...

Okay, today is day #2 in my new world of blogging. This is kind of exciting. :) Actually, more than kind of! I now see the attraction to it that others have talked about. I am even more excited about the fact that my 1pm "team" meeting was canceled allowing me time to retype my notes from class last Thursday and from my review meeting with my prof! Simple things like this excite me!

So as I sit here typing my notes from my BK class I thought to myself that I didn't give a lot of detail on the whole battle of the bulge issue. So let me take a moment or two to do that...

I have been fat almost my entire life...well, at least a good majority of it! I was stick thin until around the age of 8. I think my mom meeting my dad (step then adopted) and moving us in with him when I was 6 didn't help matters. Since I don't have a psychology degree to my name, I try my best to figure things out with a dose of self-diagnosing! I think this major shift in my life caused me great pain and anxiety and instead of voicing my issues I think I ate them. I went from a normal, almost too-thin, 6 year old to a morbidly obese 8 year old. And needless to say...that hasn't really changed in my life, unfortunately, but I try and work on it every day.

Back on January 24th I went to urgent care for an unrelated issue and weighed in at 358. You would think this number would ashame me, but I won't let it. It is a starting point for me. This is even after eating healthier on most days and starting to work out at the gym. So that is the number I'm sticking with right now until I know differently. And since this number is so high I'm unable to weigh myself on my scale as it doesn't go that high. So here is my plan: I will continue to eat healthy as much as I possible can, go to the gym as frequently as I can and weigh myself at home on my scales until it no longer says "error".

I already know this week isn't going to be the best for my plan and neither is next week since I'm going out of town to see my "man"! :) But I will do the best that I can. You can expect daily updates with my "food journaling"! So let me get started today so far...

Breakfast: Ugh...I missed breakfast because I was too busy getting the munchkin's things in order & getting my last load of laundry together, plus packing my school bag and work bag. I'm especially lucky because my mom comes over in the morning to get the munchkin on the bus so I can attempt to get to work on time!
Snack: I usually try and have a snack in between so I'm not ravaged at lunch time but I didn't get an opportunity to eat my snack today, probably because I thought I had a 1pm meeting so I actually had lunch at a normal time~noon~today. LOL
Lunch: Instead of having my usual frozen meal or my Healthy Choice Fresh Mixer I opted to go to the little greasy spoon likely in the hopes of having something really bad for me like their wonderful chili-fries; however, I held strong and nothing sounded good so I went with their small famous grilled chicken greek salad w/o beets or olives and with italian dressing (+ extra dressing) and the pita bread it is served with. It was filling and delicious! I actually really like their famous grilled chicken greek salad so it was a win-win. Plus I'm stuffed now too!

Also another down fall for me is pop or soda as some call it! Especially Coke or Pepsi! And fountain too...watch out. I can put away a good 64 ozs of regular Coke or Pepsi if it is fountain pop! So needless to say, getting my minimum of 64 ozs of water in daily is rough for me too. So I just opened my second 25oz bottle of water today and am working on that! Plus I took my multi-vitamin.

So far...so good...

No comments:

Post a Comment