Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Ground is feeling a little shaky

Tonight was the GM press conference.  I don't know if you watched it, listened to it or even care; but the big 3 have always been significant in my life.  There are 4 careers in my family~the military, construction, healthcare and the big 3.  I understand that things must change with the big 3 and that they are not alone in their struggle; however, we need to remember how much their situation affects all of us and how much it affects so many around us directly.  

I personally find the situation scary and some times depressing.  Of course the press conference came to me after I went to my local mall to pick up some makeup.  I have not been to the mall in forever.  It just isn't my cup of tea, so to speak.  But I was shocked when I pulled in...it was like going to a ghost town.  I found it almost nerve-wracking.  When you pull up to some place that has Target and Sears as its anchor stores and there are less than 50 cars in the entire parking lot, you first wonder if it is even open and when you walk in and see employees just standing around, straightening up and chit-chatting you know there are serious problems here!

I finally feel the need to sit down, do my taxes and start looking at my finances to see where else we can cut more costs as we go further in to 2009 when I come back from my long weekend away, which is needed even more now.  Let's hope that Obama's Stimulus Plan gets to working pronto!!!!

Good luck my fellow big-3 brothers & sistas!  I'm hoping and praying for us all....

No comments:

Post a Comment