Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A Good Monday for a Change...

It wasn't a perfect day, but it was darn near close! :) I was actually on time for work, then my AIL-P class was canceled (hope you feel better Prof. P), Crim Sent had a substitute (hope you are having fun in Spain Prof. Y), and Crim Pro was shortened to the regular class time instead of the added hour that was originally scheduled as a make up tonight (thank you, a lot, Prof. W)! :D

Add on to that the fact that this is a short week for me. I only have 16 pages left to read for this week's classes and my phone rang (on silent) while I was in class, which tells me to relax and to continue my planning for this weekend.

A few hiccups today will not get me down. Like for instance, this morning I was unable to locate a file so I start asking questions about it to the 3 people that were on the original email. Two of them then had to call me about it. Both saying the opposite thing. UGH. Just get me the damn info so I can do my job. I don't need to discuss it!

So January 2008 I joined the local YMCA in the city I work. Well, it just never worked out for me, so on 1/6/09 I faxed a letter canceling my membership since my 12 months were up on the 10th and I didn't want it to become a monthly thing at $50 a pop! Especially since I now belong to a better gym, that is being paid for by someone else that I actually use (till I got sick about 2 weeks ago), so last week when I realized that they still withdrew my money this month I contacted them. Couldn't talk to the contact person I sent my request to, so I went the "corporate" route and it was solved within 12 hours. So who calls me today? The contact person who I faxed my request to.

j'lynn: Hello?
CP: Hi. Is this j'lynn?
j'lynn: Yes
CP: This is CP from your local YMCA calling about the letter you faxed to me.
j'lynn: The 1/6/09 letter?
CP: Yes.
j'lynn: Yeah, I spoke to her in accounts receivable last week and she resolved the problem.
CP: Oh?! Okay. Thanks.
j'lynn: Thank you.

Come on now! You only called because you received word that I went to corporate on your ass! Let's not BS one another....you weren't just now calling me on 2/16/09 regarding my letter from 1/6/09!!

Last hiccup before I go to bed...I just stabbed myself in the eye with my plant extract lotion....fun! I recommend it for everyone!!

Off to bed...late again!

No comments:

Post a Comment