Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Friday, February 20, 2009

Yun-Yuns

Being up here in all this snow and expiring the northern part of my upbringing I've thought a lot about my Nana.  She would have loved it up here with all the snow and snowmobilers.  Back in her day she loved a good ride on a snowmobile and where all that would take her in the northern world!  :)  In my toddler youth I renamed snowmobiles as "Yun-Yuns".  I assume it was because my family would always say snowmobiles were fun and maybe I couldn't say that so in our family they became known as "Yun-Yuns".

So as I pass each one on this wonderful weekend trip I say to myself, out loud, of course.  "YUN-YUNS!"  I instantly think of my grandma and add, "I love you Nana and miss you more than you will ever know!"

2 comments:

  1. Whenever I see snow dumping on Michigan, I think of your Nana. Although today was 80 here in Phoenix and that makes me think that Spring is finally on the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a wonderful memory and love the name Yun Yuns. I quite often think of Amy like that, especially when one of "our" songs come on.

    ReplyDelete