Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy St. Valentine's Day...

Happy St. Valentine's Day y'all! :D I hope you are spending the time with someone you love or at least being able to tell that person how much you love him, her or them.

I came to a realization this morning as I got up to start my St. Valentine's Day. This isn't a new realization, but it is something that I need to adjust one way or another! My realization is: I have a tendency to have higher expectations of myself than I should. For example, I had an expectation that I would get up no later than 7am, get ready, pick up things as needed, gather my necessary items and get out the door early! Well, that never happened...and it never does. :( I always set my alarm thinking I will get up a little early so I can get a few extra things done in the AM, but it never happens. Just like this morning. Or I will say to myself, 'okay, I have 2 hours before I have to leave, so I should get A-M done on my list' and in reality in that time frame I really can only get A-D done. Why do I continue to do this? Do I do this in the hopes that one of these times I'm going to accomplish this? Because let me tell you...you are never happy when you don't get all of it done when you thought you could/would, so why keep putting that pressure on myself? Why not say, 'okay, I have 2 hours...I'll get A & B done' and when I get C & D done too feel great about my accomplishments? Or this morning...why didn't I say, I'll get up at 8am to just get ready and get where I'm going on time since I was so tired and it was so late by the time I got in bed (after 2am)?

Apparently I can't answer these questions and I keep asking them, but I never change what/how I'm doing. Another thing to add to my list of things to accomplish and overcome. Maybe I need to start a list of such things too....

No comments:

Post a Comment