Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

...and unto dust you shall return.

This may be what you hear today should you go to mass and partake in Ash Wednesday services. I have not done this to date, but I do reflect on what today means. It is to be a day where Roman Catholics (and others, I'm sure) fast, abstain from meat and contemplate one's transgressions. It is also to be used as a day of repentance.

You don't need to be Catholic in order to partake in today. I like to consider it more as a day of reflection than anything else. I hope to be able to take time today to reflect on my life, my challenges, my rights, my wrongs and look inside myself to find ways to overcome the challenges I still face.

Usually I take a more light-hearted approach to today, but I guess I cannot relive my famous Ash Wednesday story since I posted it here last year. But it will be on my mind as I go about my business today and every time I think of it, I will catch myself smiling! I don't think I will be able to top that one!

Consider it done: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 9, 10, 12, 13, 15, 18, 20
Just getting started: 8, 14, 16, 17, 19
Needs attention: 7*, 11

*~~thinking about the fact that my draft of my statement of facts is due today @ 5pm, does that count to move this one up to the next list level?!? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment