Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Bad Gift Choice if You Ask Me

I know I've been pretty bitchy lately...aunt flo popped in late Sunday night, finally. On top of that Sunday my aunt followed-up an email I sent to family and friends giving them significant dates for the munchkin in the coming months. He is a very busy boy making his first confession, his awards banquet for boy scouts, making his first communion, a piggy opera at school, and the pine wood derby. After talking to my mom and bringing my aunt into the fold, a decision was made to have a little party after the munchkin's first communion at my aunt's home. Her follow-up email was announcing the party. I didn't want to announce it yet.

On top of that, my aunt announces to me Monday night how she planned on getting the munchkin a Wii for his first communion. Are you frickin' kidding me?!? This is what I wanted to get him from Santa this last Christmas and kind of assumed I would get it this coming Christmas since I couldn't afford it this past one. Now she is talking about giving it to him for his first communion. I know my reaction wasn't nice when I said, "I guess I'll be buying him a car next Christmas instead." Then at some point I added, "That's an awfully big gift for a first communion." Of course, her being a catholic nun and all, she responded with "A first communion is an awfully big thing." Okay...I get that, but I just think a Wii is an inappropriate gift for a first communion, plus it screws with my plans for the remainder of the things I need to buy gifts for the munchkin this year. I figured she would be buying him a nice bible or something like that...

You would think my family would know by now that I'm a controlling bitch and that they need to run such things by me, because when they make their own decisions that affect me it never ends well...

Consider it done: 1, 2, 3, 4, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17
Just getting started: 5, 6, 7, 16, 18

4 comments:

  1. Hmm, it is sort of a strange gift for a first communion. I'd have to agree with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Debbie!!

    My mom said to let her get it as it is $200 less that I would have to spend in the future...apparently, the fam isn't getting the issue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know zero about Catholicism but I'm going to think that a first communion is like a Baptist or Pentecostal being baptised and in that case YES a Wii is too much!

    any gift should be ran by the parents first. IMHO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blaez~~a first communion is when you make the sacrament of being able to partake in the taking of the body and blood of Christ. We do have baptisms but that is usually done when you are a baby or first become Catholic if you are converting. (I don't know which a Baptist or Pentecostal baptism is closer to.) Thanks...I agree!! We shall see if my "attitude"/response will have changed her mind.

    ReplyDelete