Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Getting Some Things Done

It has certainly been a crazy weekend so far. Not what I expected at all, but that isn't a surprise! I swear it has snowed here every day, a lot. Especially Friday. Of course, because I'm completely nuts, I still decided to drive and see my honey Friday night after work. I probably shouldn't have, especially after witnessing several cars in various ditches on my way to work at 7:30am and I spent the rest of the day watching it continue to snow, but I did. I left my office at 4:30pm and what normally takes me normally an hour and 15 minutes took me over 2 hours to drive. I was there for less than 2 hours and then back on the road. I didn't get home until 11pm Friday night to realize that out of the last 6.5 hours I had spent 4 of them driving...

This morning I had to get up crazy early since my Direct TV service call was "scheduled" for anytime between 8am and 12pm. In my delusional mind I was hoping that he (or she) would get here in the 8 o'clock hour so I could go to the bank, post office, the munchkin's doctor's office to pick up his prescription, the pharmacy, and the gym so I could come home get some stuff done, do some homework and then head out to the munchkin's Blue & Gold Banquet for Cub Scouts in order to immediately return home and do more homework. Ha! This so didn't happen. The service guy didn't show up until 10:40am and didn't finish until around noon. The only thing that I had accomplished by the time I was finally able to do my running around was starting the laundry.

I met up with the munchkin and my aunt to attend his banquet for 3pm. That was a different experience to say the least. Talk about unorganized...not enough tables or paper plates. The kids were crazy and again the thought of having everyone eat before the ceremony was attempted. The first time I experienced such a thing was here and that too was a total bust. I've never understood the decision to do this. Is this something new or are just the crazies in my life trying to make this work?

While taking pictures during the ceremony I realized that a chunk of my camera was broken off. Ugh... Of course I had just finished complaining to my aunt about the pictures that it was taking. She thinks that maybe the camera didn't like my dissing of it so it told me off by a chunk of it falling off! LOL She mentioned that maybe we should go and look for a new camera after the ceremony ended. This has been something I've been wanting for some time. Every time I would see someone take out their nice camera I would immediately experience total jealously. So I treated myself tonight to a new camera, a Canon Power Shot SX20 IS Digital Camera. I haven't even taken it out of the box yet...I'm still in awe! This time I promise not to lose my cord so I can upload pictures here much quicker. I'm so excited to use it, but afraid that I will squander the remainder of my weekend away playing with my new toy.

One unexpected thing I did accomplish tonight though was reorganizing my freezers. I couldn't take it anymore!! Things were just haphazardly tossed in to fit it all in and get the doors closed. Plus I didn't cut my grocery or dining out expenses enough in February, so I thought maybe if I could see more of what we have in the freezer I'd be less apt to do what I did today~~eat fast food all frickin' day, because I couldn't think of anything to make. Of course after accomplishing this task I discovered about 8 things in my freezer that I could have made quickly at home, which would have saved me money and more importantly loads of calories. Just another step in what I started several weeks ago with this!

Consider it done: 1, 2, 3, 4, 8, 9, 10, 11, 16, 18, 22
Just getting started: 7, 12, 13, 17
Needs Attention: 5, 6, 14, 15, 19, 20, 21

2 comments:

  1. utility companies suck.

    i want a new camera!! lucky chic you are!

    we do the most insane things for love.

    to save money i make large cheap meals that we eat the night i make it and then end up having leftovers for 1 or 2 more meals later in the month.

    like pork roast or beef roast. then 2nd meal would be pulled pork bbq or beef stew. i'm a genius, but i have time to cook, you don't always have time to cook...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right on so many things Blaez! Utility companies do suck. I am a lucky chica! ;) We do do the most insane things for love~~save us all! LOL That is a smart move with the large cheap meals! I've been trying to make a couple of large meals a weekend so we can have left overs throughout the week. It not only saves some money, but I think it is also very helpful for my aunt when she is carrying so much of my load with & for me! :) You are a genius!! Yeah, I unfortunately do not always have time to cook and worst yet, I love to eat out! My down fall on so many fronts! LOL

    We have definitely reduced our dining out budget significantly in the last two months compared to where it was last year. Even though I didn't track last year, but I have to believe that eating out every morning and lunch and a few times at night during the week was a lot more expensive than what we are doing now. Plus I do not make healthy choices when I go out to dinner or swing thru a drive thru...it takes all the fun out of it if I did! LOL

    I just need to tighten my belt a little more. I would like that expense to be around $150 at most. And it sure as hell is more than that these days!

    BTW, I played with my little toy a little today. It is beautiful! I cannot wait to be able to take it out and really play with it. hehehehe

    ReplyDelete