Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Groundhog Day~50% chance that I'll love it!

Okay...last month my gas bill was over double what it was the month prior. My man suspects it is because I did not heed his advice and change the furnace filter like he told me to a couple months ago. I like to believe it was due to the frigid temps with highs in the single digits and teens for a little over a week during that month. Of course this last week the temps were back in the single digits and teens the most of each day. Have I expressed before how much I hate winter?!

Well, today is the day. The day we rely on a rodent, or is it a mammal...I don't pay attention to that in elementary school probably because I didn't care and honestly, still don't...to tell us what the future holds. The sad part is he is as reliable as the weathermen (and women).

Go Punxsutawney Phil!!!* I'm hopeful that he doesn't see his shadow, because I'm tired of winter already!

Consider it done: 1, 2, 3, 4, 8, 9, 11, 12, 13, 15, 17
Just getting started: 5, 6, 10, 16
Needs attention: 7, 14, 18

*~~I don't know if this is the groundhog's name, but I seem to only remember this as the little guy/gal's name.

3 comments:

  1. Every year I laugh at how ridiculous this holiday is. I live in NE Ohio so yeah, try about 10 more weeks of winter, at least! haha! I'd like to say you get used to it, but you never do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I am Juliet. I am an attorney and neophyte blogger and I am happy to have recently found your website. Please pay me a visit me sometime if you find yourself with a few free moments. Thanks for the read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie~~I'm just north and west of you and have been here for over 33 years and I'm still not used to it! I think it is so funny too, but I was really hopeful this year! LOL

    Juliet~~Welcome to my blog!! :) I love having readers & commenters! I get so excited! Thanks for the compliments too! Now I'm off to your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete