Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Sunday, February 21, 2010

More than the usual challenges to working out...

It is bad enough that I have to over come the challenge of actually going to the gym. I don't mind working out. Really, I don't. I'm just uber lazy! It is much easier to keep my butt sitting in my living room than it is to get up, get ready, drive to the gym, and actually work out. Once I'm there I'm actually fine. I don't complain, usually, once I'm there. I'm not one of those whiny gym people. I don't intrude on others while they are there. I mind my own business, do my thing, and then I leave. I don't treat the gym like a local hang-out and I don't even mind the people who do. I find it a bit strange, but each to their own. Maybe it is because if I want to "kill" a few hours in my day I'd rather do it by sleeping, reading a good book (not a law book mind you), writing my man or friends, watching a movie or just regular TV, than by spending hours at the gym chatting with other people.

So why in the last week the two times I've actually made it to the gym did it have to be so complicated for me? First on Monday when I made my way to the gym I get on the treadmill, get everything set, start and turn my ipod on the little battery up top is flashing red already. Seriously?!? Come on!! It didn't even make its way through my first 20 mins on the treadmill. Then today, I was so happy when I finally motivated myself to go to the gym instead of napping like I was inclined to do (mind you after the 13.5 hours I slept last night I had no business taking a nap at noon today!) I was totally bummed when I got everything together and realized that I had left my water bottle out in the car! Ugh!! Gosh darn it! I even put ice in it and filled it up just for the sole purpose of having it with me at the gym. Go figure! I refused to go out and get it, so I opted to buy a small water bottle from the vending machine there, which only cost me a $1, but it was the principle that I had taken the time to prepare mine at home!

I'm happy to report that both Monday and today I did 20 mins on the treadmill, all of the upper body machines which seems to take me about 30 mins to complete, and another 20 mins on the treadmill. I know I was suppose to go yesterday too, but I didn't make it. Why? Well probably because when I laid down yesterday for my nap at 6pm, I didn't wake up again until 7:30am this morning. Opps!

I'm also very, very happy to report that I weighed in this morning @ 320.2lbs!! I'm so close to my new mini-goal of being out of the 320's by March 7th I may be able to complete it a week early. Of course I need to figure in Mother Nature who is scheduled to knock one week from today. My god...those 28 days do seem to go by very fast. No wonder men complain about our constant mood swings! So this week I lost 2.4lbs!! Woo-hoo!! That is a total of 42.8lbs! Yay me!! Once I get this accomplished I'm back to my next goal, which really was my first goal, but was side-tracked due to...never mind, it doesn't matter...but back to the goal of being below 300 before May 1st! That would be a total of 63.2lbs. OMG, how exciting. It isn't that far off! Only 20.4lbs more than now! If I could do that, then I'd be willing to set the goal of losing 100lbs in a year by July 8th...but all of this is just future speculation and wishful thoughts! But it is still fun to consider as long as I keep going down on the scales!!

Consider it done: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 21, 23, 26, 27, 28, 29*, 30**, 31, 32
Just getting started: 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 20, 22
Needs attention: 16***, 18, 19, 24, 25

*~~My weigh in today helps me to remain focused with WWs! So it is really a triple bonus because it also helped me push myself to go to the gym today!!
**~~Even though I spent the last 9 days at work playing dual roles (my boss was on vacay & I was in charge) I did get tons done and I'm hopeful this week will be a replay without the additional work! Plus being on Spring Break helps me stay focused too...it is so nice not to have to go to class!
***~~I'm going to try and replace this one with making an extra trip to the gym this week...either Tuesday or Thursday to make up for it!

4 comments:

  1. you and me both. my issue is GETTING to the gym. Once I'm there all over the working out like its the only thing on earth to do. There are way too many things I'd rather be doing and plopping my ass on the couch watching tv or behind the pc reading blogs is more fun :) thankfully its warming up (altho with the snow you'd not think it) so walking on the way home from work is going to be the gym for us <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know myself well enough that if I don't go to a gym I would never follow through on a commitment to walk outside or any where else for that matter! You go girl!! I often "dream" of walking at night as a family, etc. but it would never materialize and I would be the stick in that wheel! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it amazing all the challenges and obstacles that pop up, getting in the way of working out? The dying ipod is my personal worst. But at least you conquered. You're doing better than I've been lately.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is amazing Debbie!! I often wondered if others had the same challenges and obstacles as I do! LOL Normally I would have chucked it all, but I am trying to change my ways...slowly though. It is so frickin' hard girl!! My doing better than you this week is only a fluke because 9 out of 10 times your workout schedule blows me away!! ;) And you are right...the dying ipod is the worst challenge and obstacle to over come. Honestly, if there would have been less people @ the gym I may have left after the treadmill! LOL

    ReplyDelete