Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Monday, February 1, 2010

Reflecting on My Progress

As we enter month number two of the New Year, I want to take a moment and reflect on how I'm doing with my New Year's Resolutions:

Get healthier
~~continue to lose weight: Well, with the exception of this past week, I have continued to lose weight and since my net weight loss is 3.6lbs for the month of January I think I've been fairly successful with this one...
~~eat better/healthier: I've been eating out less, cooking more, and definitely eating more fruits and veggies. I could be doing better, but overall I give myself high props on this one too...
~~workout more: Failure here! I've made it to the gym once this year and it was only for 20 minutes. Yikes!
~~drink more water: I've been pretty darn successful with this one! :)
~~test my blood sugar more regularly: I've rocked this! Woo-hoo! I've only missed checking my numbers one night when I feel asleep too early... Yay me!!
~~get my skin under control: Slowly but surely my skin is getting better and better. :)
~~get more sleep with a better sleep pattern/schedule: Failure, again! If only I could get my stuff together maybe I could do better here.
Get my finances together
~~make a budget & stick to it: This one has been pretty slow to come around, but each day I'm doing better with this!
~~reduce my debt: I haven't made too much progress here, but I've made all my payments on time, so that is always good!
~~stop use of all credit cards: I've used my credit cards twice and that was at the beginning of January for books for school and one meal. Outside of these two things, I've been very successful here! :)
~~pay off BarBri & Kaplan: Failure. No payments made, yet.
Get more organized
~~at work: I have tons of piles and tons of stuff to do, but I'm organized. LOL
~~at/for school: Organized, but behind...go figure!
~~at home: I've been doing great here. Better than expected, so success is mine!
~~use better time management: Failure here. I need to stop letting things distract me or better yet, stop looking for things to distract me.
~~get things done: Slowly, but surely I'm getting things done. Hell, just check out my Friday To-Do list accomplishments! :)
~~stop putting things off till tomorrow (or next week): See above!
~~set a schedule and stick to it: Ups & downs here, but I keep aiming for total success here!
Communicate more...
~~with family, friends, my munchkin, my man, my blog & my blogging buddies: Doing better, but this is always a struggle for me
Enjoy life
~~laugh, cry, dance, and sing more: This has been hard to do in the last month as I've been very stressed, but I'm hopeful that as the days progress I'll have more time to work on this.
~~be a better mom: Oh, this is such a struggle...I try my hardest, but doing the hardest job in the world is tough

2 comments:

  1. YOU are amazing :)

    I wish I had half of your drive and effort... work drains me so much. I barely blog anymore -we quit walking because we are too drained to even THINK or walk-I fall asleep on the to work and to home AND sitting here on the couch doing my todo list...

    I love you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you too Blaez!! :)

    You are the amazing one! Look at what all you've done and overcame! :)

    Thanks...but if I really had it together I wouldn't be freaking out over assignments due both Wednesday & Thursday that I haven't even started yet and wouldn't have to "borrow" time at work to get it done! Ugh...I need a few extra days just to get it together... YIKES!

    ReplyDelete