Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Fearing His First Confession

Just like my Friday posts, my Friday night has became pretty predictable. I leave work, make the hour plus trip to spend time with my guy, and then head to the grocery store to do the majority of my weekly shopping. Last night I went about my typical Friday night, with the exception of getting off work early to return the page I "borrowed", but when I pulled into the Meijer's parking lot my cell phone rang. It was my aunt telling me that there was something seriously wrong with my TV...it wasn't working! I had been fearing for several days that my TV was taking a puke. So much so, I even commented about it over here! Of course this totally threw my exhausted brain into a frenzy, which lead to me going into the store without my reusable shopping bags*.

Upon leaving the grocery store, I decided to just run over to Wendy's for dinner as I was too tired and frustrated to even think about cooking something without meat when I would get home around 10:30pm. I got home, put away the perishables, verified that my TV wasn't working, shut off the power to my whole entertainment system for 30 seconds and then powered it back up. My TV seemed to be working or at least I had a picture while my Direct TV was repowering up. Hoping that I wouldn't be TV-less until I could get around to buying a new TV, I sat down to eat my dinner. I immediately discovered that McDonald's rules when it comes to fast-food fish sandwiches and after two horrible bites, I tossed my dinner out. My TV was back in business by then and I started to consider that it may be my satellite receiver taking a puke instead, so I called and arranged for a technician to come out next Saturday between the hours of 8am-12pm (there goes another Saturday of sleeping in!).

While playing Direct TV's little game of 'Did you do this? How about this? Is it working now?' my mom called, so I returned her call after I hung up with Direct TV. I also ordered "Julia & Julie" as my free movie for the month of February just in case my receiver gives out completely this week! As it was slated to start at 11pm and I was returning my mom's call at 11:10pm I figured I would start watching it within that half-hour so I could get to bed at an okay time to be up early for the munchkin's First Confession. Ha! An hour and a half later I hung up from my mom and began to watch the movie, which was pretty cute in my sleep deprived opinion.

I made my way to bed last night at 3:00am. So much for getting to bed at an okay time and being able to get up early to get some stuff done before I met my aunt and the munchkin at church. I still had high hopes so while I was trying to pack my stuff up to take care of while I was in town this morning my cell phone rang and it was my munchkin. He was crying and in a complete and total mental meltdown over going for his First Confession. He was scared to death!! I totally didn't expect this from him and it threw me for a loop! Even when I meet them at the church his eyes were still red and puffy from crying. I felt so bad for him! It appears he was not alone in his feelings as a classmate of his came in several minutes later and she was still crying, because she was so scared. I felt so bad for these little 7 & 8 year-olds who were so scared of making one of their sacraments. :( Fr. Bill was awesome with them, as usual, and seemed to calm most of their fears before he began hearing everyone's confession.

After the munchkin survived his First Confession it was time to meet up with the other aunt and uncle and grab lunch @ BW3's. Then I gave the munchkin his "present"/"reward"/"bribery money" when we left the restaurant for completing his First Confession. Then I was able to do some of my errands, come home and realize that the few hours of sleep I got last night was not nearly enough. So I'm off to take a nap and accomplish #31 on my to-do list!

Consider it done: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 12, 13, 14, 15, 21, 23, 26, 27, 28
Just getting started: 6**, 8, 9, 10, 11, 20***, 22
Needs attention: 7, 16, 17, 18, 19, 22, 24, 25, 29, 30, 31, 32

*~~today is not the day that Al Gore would be proud of me since I didn't even want to consider running back out to the car to get them!
**~~all I have left to pick up is bubble bath for the munchkin!
***~~apparently this can only be accomplished Monday-Friday 8a-8p. Too bad I didn't know this before! Guess I'll be completing this one Monday night after work, but before the gym. I don't understand why departments cannot be open on Saturday! I'm not saying all day, but hey...maybe 4 hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment