Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Friday, July 10, 2009

Bad Coworker?

Okay, in my position there are 3 of us.  We all basically do the same job.  There are always little twists and turns but the basics are required of all of us.  I always feel like I get more work than the other two and get the more difficult assignments, but in all honesty I'm sure they feel the same way and none of us know what the truth really is to that statement.  

When I entered the office I had 8 closing memos to do on my desk.  One of my fellow paralegals has been swamped all week with closing memos to do, practically buried.  The two of us went to lunch together at 2pm and I had mentioned earlier in the week that if I got caught up and finished my closing memos (I did 12 prior to today) I would come and get some of hers to do too in order to help her out.  So when she inquired how my closing memos were coming I lied and told her I was about half way done with them.  The truth was that I was finished with all of my closing memos...

If I wasn't so far behind on my own personal stuff I would have helped her, but I knew it was my opportunity to get some of "my" stuff done plus I had done 20 of my own closing memos.  No one offers to help me and to be honest...if I didn't have to write out bills, balance my checkbook, etc. then I would have happily taken some off her hands, but I promise if I'm on top of things and have time this coming week I will help when I can.

So, am I self-ish and a bad coworker or what?!?  LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment