Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Friday, July 24, 2009

Carb Overload...

Today I fell off the wagon totally. I've been having an off week the last day or two and today was the total worst. It all started when my co-worker who I've been doing lunch with off and on lately, you know her from here, mainly because I'm bored and wanted to start taking my lunches...oh yeah, and I became addicted to the Turkey & Bacon Wrap at the up-scale restaurant in our building. Well, apparently she wanted something different today for lunch so I suggested a local favorite chip & salsa place, but told me she was up for something different (hmmm...she was never a part of our group who went there so I thought that was "something different"). Well, my "something different" is really different than her "something different", because hers was Quiznos. Um...not really "something different" but whatever!

Do you know how bad a sub is @ Quiznos for a diabetic? Maybe it is just me, but all 3 items I looked up on their website all pretty well sucked in the carb department, but I went with the one with the fewer carbs and ordered a regular instead of a large. I should have gotten the small, but I was starving! I made it a meal with a Diet Mountain Dew (yippie Quiznos for having another diet option!) and a bag of cheetos, which I didn't finish! :)

Well, that was the beginning of the down fall for the day....then the munchkin and I went to the movies and saw G-Force. Watch out popcorn carbs! But hey...no candies and no coke. We shared a Diet Mountain Dew and a water! Then after the movies we went for dinner at Big Boys. I fulfilled my ice cream craving after my dinner there. Man...that place is a danger to carb avoiding diabetics!!

Alright...off to bed, carbs and all!

No comments:

Post a Comment