Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Our 4th of July

Yesterday went better than anticipated. I scheduled our BBQ for late because my bro's maybe wife had to work until 5pm and wanted to take a shower before she came over and my aunt had to work until 7pm, so I decided on a start time of 6pm and with my family that meant people would arrive around 6:30pm.

Our menu was simple:
**hot dogs, hamburgers & brats
**baked beans
**macaroni salad
**spaghetti salad
**potato salad
**chips & dip
**ice cream cake & a strawberry cheesecake thing for dessert

The attendees were: my munchkin, my 2 aunts, my uncle, my mom, my dad, their best friends, my bro, his woman, their two kids and me.

We had great conversation, a wonderful cookout and some pretty sparklers. It was a super fun 4th of July except the mosquitos. My goodness, they were horrible...so 10 bites later we moved the party inside until sparkler time!

The only "bad" thing that happened all evening was when my uncle and bro sprayed some bug fogger and my uncle had a bad reaction to it. His left hand began to tingle and go numb, his chest tightened and he had an immediate headache. His remaining time was in the house trying to feel better. It took a while. He makes me nervous with his heart condition....I sure hope that he gets better soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment