Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Blood Sugar Results

So Tuesday night I was able to test my blood sugar for the first time and I almost died at how high it really was.  Of course I hadn't really been paying attention to anything because I was so preoccupied with my procedure.  I was super scared of my procedure and to be honest, I'm really glad that I was able to cancel it and am treating my problem medically instead of surgically and it is really working.

Well, my first blood sugar test (after eating for the day, of course) was 397.  YIKES!!!!  Of course I had coke and apple juice, etc. because I was on clear liquids for the first half of the day!  So far my test results, in order, have been:

397--pm
310--am
256--mid-am
264--pm
239--am
203--pm
319 (apparently marinara sauce isn't good for me either!)--late-pm
242--am
223--pm
222--am

I have been trying really hard not to have any sugar and watch what I'm eating.  I'm doing the best I can for now.  That is all I can ask for, right?  I am also on the medication only half of the amount people normally are.  

5 comments:

  1. wow! that is some high blood sugar although it look like it did drop down which is good. You are going to have to work carefully to get that down. My mom is in the same boat so I know how hard and confusing it is!

    P.S. Do you mean for all of your blogs throughout the week to post on one day? I was confused at first because you seemed to be talking about different days but each one said "today."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I haven't had a soda since Tuesday night...I'm working on it, but it is very hard and very confusing, especially in the start. I do really well when I just don't eat all day...LMAO

    I was having technical difficulties when I was trying to post them this morning, but when I pull up the blog they post under different days (7/5, 7/6, 7/7, 7/8, and 7/9). Do they all say 7/12 when you look at them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep. They all say today and then different times. And they all do not show up in the reader until the same day. This happened last week too.

    Here's the thing. If you post them all today, even if they have different dates on your blog, they will all show up as today in the Reader. If you want them to be spread out throughout the week, you have to change the publish date to a date in the future and hit "publish". So say you wrote three today, you could publish them for Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh...I bet it is a reader thing. I did write them all the same day (the day they showed up in the reader) just because I was so busy, etc., but I back dated them on the blog. I probably didn't realize that because I don't read my blogs thru the reader anymore. I just click on them off my blog... I wanted to back date them not future date them, so that is probably why that all happened.

    But if you ever feel confused when I do that, feel free to ask, I'll give you the dates. LOL

    Thanks for continuing to read! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS: It will probably happen again because I haven't caught up in my posts yet! Sorry!

    ReplyDelete