Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Prepping for a test that doesn't happen

Well today I started prepping for my procedure tomorrow.  That consisted of eating a strictly clear liquid diet all day today, then consuming some pills around 4pm when I get home from work and then at about 8pm I need to drink some nasty stuff to empty my system...

The surgery place was suppose to call me first thing in the morning to give me my start time for tomorrow's procedure.  By late morning no one had called with a time, so I called and after talking to the nurse I was becoming less and less sure about this procedure.  Especially when she told me it wasn't going to solve/fix the problem I was having and that I would have to wait three more weeks doing certain unmentionables to ensure a continued clean system weekly and on the third week have a second procedure done.  So I called to talk to the surgeon but was told he couldn't talk to me but could see me at 4pm.

After some discussions with my aunt, the nurse, and my mom we opted to cancel the procedure and my appointment with the doctor and seek another doctor for a second opinion.  So I did.  Especially when the doctor's office made the statement, "I don't know why the nurse told you that.  She shouldn't have, because we don't even know if we can repair your problem."  

Um yeah...I'm not going through all of these procedures for something that I was under the impression that could be done in the office.  Call me crazy, but I'm not down with those types of invasions, especially if you can't fix my problem.  What is the point?!  

At least this allowed me to go to the munchkin's baseball pictures and game tonight!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment