Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Kangaroos, Dinosaurs, & Snakes....It Must be a Trip to the Zoo!

For almost a week I have been planning to take the munchkin to the zoo today. It was the perfect day too. It wasn't hot at all...an average of 68 degrees. It was a little cloudy and it only rained once, but it kind of worked out because we were on our way to have lunch anyway when it began to rain.

The animals were wonderful. We all loved them. The best was the Outback Adventures when we had to stop on the path to let a kangaroo jump around us to get across our path to the other side. I'm sure there is a joke somewhere in there, but I don't know the punch line. :) Of course the girl in our group who asked the ambassador giving us our instructions before entering the Outback if the kangaroo was going to kick her is probably a part of the joke...or maybe the guy on his cell phone in the small confines of the instructional booth is too. No problems...no cell phones or kicks from the kangaroos happened while touring the Outback.

The dinosaur exhibit was what drew us to this particular zoo as we usually head to the one south of us instead of this one north of us. And it was so worth it!! The extra $9 we had to pay on top of the zoo admission costs was so worth every minute of it. The dinosaurs were fantastic. I can't even say enough. It was engaging, beautiful, neat, and mind blowing. It was also so informative too. The only complaint I have was the fact that my camera batteries died a quarter of the way along the dino trail. :( I was so disappointed. I don't even know how many pictures we ended up with...once I get them developed I will post some pics. I was sad that I didn't get more pics of my munchkin as we made our way through the zoo.

We ended up covering the top half of the park because as soon as we entered the park we hopped on the train and took it to the African Safari in the back of the park and worked our way down from there. Before we even knew it, it was after 4pm, the zoo closes at 5pm and the munchkin hadn't even seen his snakes yet! So we rushed down the park and he was able to go in the reptile house so he could see the snakes. I sent my aunt in with him and I sat outside waiting because Im not down with snakes or spiders. Hell, I'm not down with the animals except the arctic ones, but I was happy to take the munchkin. We all had a great time and I would recommend the dinosaur exhibit to everyone!!!

But I do suggest waiting until the simulator is up and running again. We were all bummed that it wasn't working. You know how much we love simulator rides! So I'm sure we will be returning before Dinosauria leaves the zoo on 9/7, because I know I want to ride the dino simulator!! And I will be taking extra batteries too...

No comments:

Post a Comment