Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Good News Coming My Way

Good news all around...

First, I went to the orthopedic surgeon during an extended lunch hour and he was impressed with how far my lump went down and thinks that surgery may be off the table now! He wants me to return in 30 days for a follow up, but if the lump (cyst) is gone I can cancel my appointment. How sweet is this?!

Second, I went to my diabetic assessment/class tonight. It was very interesting. I'm glad I went. It was so informative. She provided me with so much information, so many tips, etc. Next I get to go and see a nutritionist. I have to make that appointment and hope it comes soon. I'm a little excited about this new journey, but not overly excited yet. There are so many things that I've lost in connection with this disease that I cannot let go of just yet. But maybe in the future I will be able to. I'm trying to take it one day at a time. I do not think you realize all of the things this affects in your life unless you are the person suffering with it. Yes, I'm still in the space of considering this a suffering not a blessing...

Of course while I was filling out the paperwork at the diabetic assessment, my man called me and he was having a bad day. :( His teacher was a jerk because he had been off 4 days and decided to change up the routine on the guys and then didn't understand why the guys were upset. Duh...no one likes change, especially folks in prison. Then his ARUS told him that he could have reevaled my man today and took him back down to a Level I, but because he doesn't know him he won't. This would be fine and dandy if the guys could choose when and if they move from unit to unit, but they can't. Wouldn't it make more sense to keep them assigned to whichever ARUS they start with when they come in to that facility? I so do not understand MDOC and hope to never have to deal with them again after my man comes home with the exception of on a professional level...

Alright...on to another day! Opps...I forgot to give the best news at all, my BSN was 118 tonight when I checked it at the diabetic assessment! Way to go me!! ;)

3 comments:

  1. Definitely good news all around!! I should get my Mom to come over here and post. You guys can swap stories about your challenges. I would agree that it would be considered suffering, especially at first. Such a lifestyle change! But it is good that you are somewhat excited to embark on your "new" life. And your numbers are going good!! Look at you, girl! Keep it up - I am rooting for you (and my Mom).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most definitely...feel free to direct your mom to my blog. :) You know I love followers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW, thanks!! I'm rooting for us too!

    ReplyDelete