Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Calling All Trekkies

Gosh...I hope I spelled that correctly.  Well, today (Saturday) we opted to take the munchkin to the our city's Science Center for the Star Trek Exhibit.  First of all, we are not trekkies but we thought this could be fun and my son thinks he could be a trekkie.  As for the exhibit itself, I was not impressed.  Actually, I was disappointed.  I expected more or different or something.  It was not worth the cost and maybe if you are in to Star Trek and do not have a 7 year old rushing you through the exhibit so you could stop and look at the uniforms, gadgets, etc. and read about them and the actual history of the series.  

But...the money was well worth the 3 other floors of hands-on fun we were able to experience!  That made up for the not so great experience with the exhibit.  We ended up spending 5 hours at the Science Center and less than 30 mins at the exhibit, so what does that tell ya?!  

The munchkin's favorite thing was the 4D Toyota Theater with the simulator seats, the spraying water, the blowing air and the smells!  That was my favorite too.  We also went to the planetarium, which was exactly what I remembered.  We enjoyed that too.  

After we finished there, the munchkin opted to head to the local Hard Rock Cafe for dinner over my vote of our favorite chips & salsa place.  Oh well...  It was still really good.  The Hard Rock isn't my first choice, but they have decent food and great tunes while your munching!  And I will admit, I had a sirloin and it was delicious!  

By the time we got home we were pretty exhausted.  I hope you had a great Saturday too!  

2 comments:

  1. That boy must not be your child if he passed up chips and salsa!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know!!! I question his DNA make-up all the time! LOL

    ReplyDelete