Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Monday, July 20, 2009

Rude Grandpa & the other characters in baseball

During the munchkin's baseball season there were so many characters I think I could have made a blog entry on each one. There was one particular family that I found really interested...well, actually two.

Family #1...there were two cousins who played together. They were with the bad-ass family. At first it was suspected that there was a real dad vs. a step-dad situation brewing, but then it seemed like "real dad" was actually grandpa. The fathers to the boys were brothers, 10 years apart. One was the typical bad-ass, with a couple of tattoos, smoking, wearing his hat backwards and when he walked he had that typical bad-ass walk. He was actually kind of good-looking in that older-bad-ass way. (Yes, I do have an affinity for bad boys! LOL) His brother was real thin, really tattooed up, earrings, but not the typical earring...more like spikes. He smoked and wore his hat to the side. Spike only showed up once to practice and apparently something happened and he wasn't allowed to return again, which according to TBA happens a lot with his little bro.

TBA never stopped talking. His mom, grandma, would come to the games a lot and you would think that TBA and grandma did not own phones, because they talked and talked and talked for hours at a time about everything. I heard all about their MVAs and their pending suits (wouldn't I fall off my chair if TBA ever walked thru my office!), their worker's comp claims, etc. There did sound like there was some really good gossip about TBA and the mothers of these two boys and some jealousy....I wished at times that I could concentrate solely on their conversation instead of anything else, but I couldn't.

The kicker with family #1 was during Thursday's last game when as soon as the game started TBA looked at real dad a/k/a grandpa and some new woman in the mix and said, "Okay, lets go, but no need to tell the boys." In RD a/k/a grandpa's car and they left. I thought of some instant questions...how do you do that, do you think your children won't notice when they look up in the stands and all 3 of you are gone, and where did they go and what did they do. It is a strange little family and I wished I knew more...

Family #2...There are a lot of players in family #2. There is loud-mouth-mom (LMM), Coach J a/k/a dad (CJ), superstar (#1), superstar (#2) (the big and little bros), lil' sis (lil' sis), chain smoking grandma (grandma) and rude grandpa (RG). The first practice I attended I instantly did not like LMM. She has a comment for everything. I adore CJ...he is just awesome. #1 was an awesome kid and a kick ass player. #2 was a nice quiet kid until he got with some certain kids, but outside of that was a nice little boy and a heck of a baseball player too. Lil' sis is such a tom-boy it is scary! RG and grandma were strange.

RG earned his name the night of one game when they got there late and he proceeded to set up his lawn chair directly in front of another player's mom. And after she picked up her chairs, her husband's chair, and their two sons' chairs and resettled, RG picked up his chair and moved so close to the benches that I was totally blocked in. There was no way for me to get out of the bleachers unless I stepped on his chest as I stepped down.

I believe LMM learned her behavior from RG. I just never saw such a family that were so rude to other parents at a baseball game. Oh yeah, grandma would set up her chair in front of other people and then would never sit in it because she was too busy chain smoking over by the tree. Um...why did you haul a big ass lawn chair there if you aren't going to sit in it?

During the last practice, LMM left lil' sis for CJ to watch while he was out on the field with #2 and #1 was out on the field too helping with the kids. LMM went off to find a nail shop to get a pedicure. I'm all about pampering myself, but I would not leave all 3 of my kids for my husband to watch, especially my 3 year old daughter, while he is the assistant coach to a team of 7, 8 & 9 year old ball players. 4 of which are ADHD and 1 of which was autistic.

Did I tell you that one family had 5 kids all under the age of 7 and dad would come to practice or the game alone?

I never saw such a hodge-podge of a group of people for one thing! But even with all of those characters and a Rude Grandpa, I was happy to be on such a team, because compared to last year...they were awesome! Last year was a group of snobby parents, so I'd rather be with the characters then the snobs! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment