Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Organizing~~Starting Small

Maybe it is a chick thing, but I carry a lot of crap. Most mornings I exit the house with my school bag, my work bag, my lunch bag, and my purse. Some mornings I add the gym bag to my load. Unfortunately, that doesn't happen as often as I would like. In an effort to reduce my heavy load I decided to go through some of my bags and clean out what I really don't need.

The first thing I decided to clean out was my pencil case for school. Why am I carrying all of this stuff?

Writing instruments:
4 Pilot blue gel pens (2)
2 Pilot blue rolling ball pens
1 Sharpie blue permanent pen
1 Sharpie black permanent pen
1 Sharpie black ultra fine point permanent marker
1 Sharpie metallic silver permanent marker
1 Pilot pencil (plus I added one)
2 Sharpie Accent yellow highlighters

Post-It Flags-Nondurable:
1 Yellow (unopened)
1 Purple (unopened)
1 Lime Green (unopened)
1 Pink (opened)
2 Blue (one opened, one unopened)

Post-It Flags-Durable:
1 White/Red Stripe (opened)
1 Pink, Green, Orange Striped set of 3 (opened)
1 Pink, Green, Orange set of 3 (unopened)
1 Red, Yellow, Blue set of 3 (unopened)

Miscellaneous:
A poney tail holder
The small plug piece for my laptop
The tiny plastic cover for my laptop charger
A rubber finger to flip through pages
A set of pink ear plugs (mainly used for final exams)
Earbuds for my ipod
Staple remover

Seriously, do I need all of this crap?! Time to get organized and clean it out. What did I keep you ask? Look above...it is bolded. You would think it wouldn't make a difference, but it certainly does! Next time I'll clean out my work bag, which at times can weigh about 35lbs. YIKES!!

Consider it done: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9*, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 22
Just getting started: 10, 15, 21

*~~I didn't finish this until almost 2:00am last night, but it is done regardless! Woo-hoo! Can you believe just three things left on my list to do this week? I frickin' rock! LOL

4 comments:

  1. Oh this sounds like me! I'm a bag lady too most days. I should probably clean out the junk and spare my shoulders!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I see these people walking in with nothing but I purse I become instantly jealous. LOL Of course most of the stuff I haul I never use. Go figure. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl I have so much crap! It is crazy. I have to make 2 trips to the car when I get home every evening.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I refuse to make 2 trips kristi unless I went grocery shopping. LOL Of course I usually can't fit through the door with everything, but I manage...pull a muscle every now and then, but I manage! ;)

    ReplyDelete