Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Saturday, April 24, 2010

It All Leads To The Perfect Afternoon

Okay, so I have this new addiction...Klondike, the game on my crackberry! I just have to play it like all the time. I go to bed and play a couple games till I can't keep my eyes open any longer and then go to sleep, which is exactly what I did last night around 4am... Of course I knew I needed to get up and out of the house this morning/early afternoon in order to make the post office and the bank before 1pm, so I set my alarm for 11:30am. I woke up a little before my alarm went off, but wasn't ready to leave the warmth of my comfy bed, so what did I do? Yes, you've guessed it...I grabbed the crackberry and started playing Klondike! This wouldn't be totally bad, but it lead me to not getting out of the bed and into the shower until sometime after 12:00pm! Opps!!

Now realizing how behind I was running I start kicking my butt into high gear and realize no matter how fast I move unless I cut a few things out of my morning routine I'm never going to make it to the post office or bank before 1pm. While racing around trying to get things together to run out the door I decide it is okay if I don't make the bank before they close, that is why God created ATMs! I knew I was still going to be cutting it close just to make the post office before they closed, which wasn't an option for me! Hey, a girl needs a roll of stamps and to weigh two pieces of mail and she cannot do that without a post office being open! Oh yeah...said girl also needed to mail a bill that she should have mailed yesterday from work...opps again!

I attempt to throw my hair up and realize that my bangs have a mind of their own and I don't have time to fuss, so my sunglasses became a hair accessory today! As a dork I find myself driving with sunglasses on my head and unable to see with the sun shinning right in my eyes. Sacrifices had to be made. Other sacrifices had to be made this morning so I could stick my head out the window while attempting to park at the post office, yelling to the attendant emptying the big blue box 'hey is the office closed yet?' Luckily she told me I had two minutes to spare. :) Thank goodness! Those other sacrifices made were the fact that I was running around like a mad woman without deodorant, my toothbrush ran a maximum of 30 seconds in my mouth, and I had a little rock in my shoe that I just didn't have time to remove. I'm thinking the post woman was scared to tell me they were closed because I probably looked like a crazy woman!

With stamps in hand and envelopes enroute to their desired location, I was off to the ATM machine to deposit the 3 checks I received in the mail! They were two cents shy of a hundred combined, but these days I would even make time to deposit a check for those two cents!

When I left the house it was 62 and sunny. After hitting up the post office, the bank, two stores and the gas station, I returned home in cloudy, breezy 57 degree weather with rain clouds on the horizon. In my world, that makes for the perfect afternoon to lay down for a nap...

Consider it done: 1, 2, 3, 4, 13, 16
Just getting started: 5, 6, 12, 17, 18, 19, 20
Needs attention: 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 14, 15, 21, 22, 23, 24

No comments:

Post a Comment