Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Amazing

Well, it has been a whirlwind of a weekend thus far! Friday night was overall fantastic!! I wasn't sure how it was going to go when I developed a horrific headache that morning, but I tried to remain positive since I had gotten up at a decent time in order to get ready and look half-way decent! Finally about noon after taking a huge dose of Motrin I figured I would grab lunch out, which has been my MO for the week, and see if that made my head feel better. It actually worked so I was able to get a few things done during the afternoon at work and then before I realized it, it was time to meet up with the family at school and attend the Book Awards!

I don't know if Book Awards are given at every school or if they are called something else, but at my law school they are given out to the top people in each class for the last year's semester and also given to the students that a professor wants to recognize! I thought I was receiving two, but was surprised and only received one. Hey, one is better than none! Of course by the time I went up to be greeted by the Dean he says to me, "First Book Award?" I guess he noticed he had never seen me around these parts before! Of course I responded and said, in typical j'lynn fashion, "Yes and it only took me 4 years to get it!"

The ceremony was over in a blur, I have very little memory of it and couldn't tell you what anyone else received except for two other people~~a friend of mine, RedBull, from class who shocked the shit out of everyone when he received one for Trial Practice (he took it last year) because he is not the type of guy you would expect to win that! When I told MyMormanGirl about it she asked me if he had attended every class session drunk, because that is the only time he is animated! The other guy I recall from the ceremony was the freak who was awarded 6 Book Awards! I was going to say to Holly-Hobby sitting next to me (from my TP class) 'you know that dude isn't getting laid while in school' but then I remembered I'm not either so I left it alone! But as my aunt said afterwards, "That guy who got 6 of them looked like he was all business." No shit! LOL

So after the ceremony, we went across the way to the school for the little reception. That was a bust and we left like 15 minutes after pictures with my LSBFF! On to dinner we went! We went to the top of the city for dinner. It was fantastic. The food was to die for delicious. My steak practically melted in my mouth! We had lobster corn dogs and a lobster/brie dip to start. OMG...the lobster corn dogs were to die for delicious! Then on to salad, which I thought kind of sucked, but everyone else liked theirs. Then the main course! It was yummy, yummy, yummy. I had agreed to pick up the bill and expected it was going to be very expensive, but did almost pass out when it came and it was over $600! Of course the fact that my other aunt and uncle decided to order a bottle of wine on top of their cocktails did not help matters (yes, this was after I said the meal was on me...you know the single mother in school struggling to make ends meet!), but whatever. It was all worth it when on the way home my munchkin said to me that the night was "amazing" and the restaurant we just left at 73 stories up in the sky was "amazing"!!!! FTW!!! ;) I love you baby and that is what I wanted you to have, an amazing experience!

I totally committed a faux pas on one part of the evening...I didn't realize until we had left that I had likely just double tipped our waiter. Before the bill came my other aunt was going on and on and on about how uncomfortable she was and how she had to get out of there. I was feeling the pressure mount because there had already been instances of words being exchanged, albeit in a polite tone, between her and my mom the entire meal. And my aunt was getting to the point with her mouth and her whining and carrying on and physical antics about how uncomfortable she was that I was just thinking~~hurry up, pay the bill before it gets worse. So I quickly figured out 20%, added it on, signed the bill and we left. I refused to look at the bill until Saturday morning to see how much money I just over paid the waiter. When it came to a realization that Eddie had been tipped 39% I just had to keep telling myself, "Pay It Forward!" He could go home that night to his wife and tell her he had a great night! :) He was fantastic and didn't make my parents feel uncomfortable when they asked certain questions or like when my dad said, 'Man, I only eat at truck stops, I don't know what I'm doing.' Eddie was fantastic, patted my dad on the shoulder and said, 'It's all good. I've got your back.' :) So it was worth it and I have to believe that Karma will pay me back for that faux pas! ;)

When the munchkin, aunt and I came home, they took off for her house and I collapsed on the love seat. I made my way to bed soon and died when I hit the pillow. But only a portion of my busy-ass weekend was over! I was up by quarter to eight Saturday morning to get a few things done before we headed off to our Annual Pow-Wow!! :) After running a few errands, we finally made our way up there at about noon. It was very nice. :) Pictures will follow sometime in the future and I'm hoping the new camera took better than these from last year. The best part was...my munchkin had the time of his life! We booked out of there around 3pm and the entire hour plus ride home he went on and on about how he was a little Native American, "every drop counts", and thought that was awesome!! :) He just loves it there! I can't wait to go back next year when I won't have the pressure of school resting on me, making me need to leave early! We can stay the whole damn day if we want! Woo-hoo!!

After we got home, I felt like I needed to get some personal stuff done around the house and in my life. So I spent the rest of yesterday afternoon and all of last night getting things done so I could check off things from my to-do list...

Consider it done: 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 24
Just getting started: 10, 21, 22, 25, 26
Needs attention: 4, 11, 15, 23

2 comments:

  1. omigod thats alot of money! that's more than the downpayment on my car!!! can i passout now from shock??

    on a less dramatic note: glad you had a great time!! things sound like they turn out pretty well for you *cheers* and congrats on your first book award!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blaez~~I wanted to pass out myself. Especially when I thought it would be half that. But I do have a great follow-up on this one...stay tuned! ;) We did have a great time!! ;) Thank you very much!! ;)

    ReplyDelete