Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Doing More Than Just Surviving

So I did my oral argument tonight and I survived! I actually did more than survived! So thank you for all of your little prayers folks!! There were no tears, no screams, no blood, no vomiting and no passing out.

Do you know what there was though? Redemption for me!! Woo-hoo...

Remember this when Prof. Fergie told me how much I sucked? Well, I argued the couple of issues that I wrote and then the 3 "judges" asked me why I didn't argue my original first issue...you know, the issue that I was told I couldn't argue because it was "based on bad law." Ha!

Take that Prof. Fergie, because your co-workers (a/k/a my judges) told you that you were wrong and I was on the right path all along!

BOOYAH!!!

On a separate account...not only did I notice before I argued my brief that I~~#1) I put a case that kills one of my arguments in my brief; #2) That I misspelled my last name on it; and #3) My inability to spell bleed-over to my blog last night...opps!

Consider it done: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 17, 18, 19, 20, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28
Just getting started: 7, 29, 30
Needs attention: 13, 14, 15, 16, 21, 22

5 comments:

  1. yay! I actually loved oral args... totally saved my grade in my legal writing class second year when we had to argue our appellate brief!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Legally Fabulous~~First of all, welcome to my blog!! I'm so excited that you've visited and even more so that you took time to drop me a comment! I hope you enjoy your time here as much as I enjoy my time over at your blog!! I have a love/hate relationship with oral arguments...okay, more of a hate relationship! I'm trying to get better though. I found child birth easier to face than oral arguments! LOL Thanks for the "yay!" :)

    Debbie~~Thank you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you go girl! i'm beaming with happiness for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blaez~~Thank you girl!! :) Muah to ya!!

    ReplyDelete