Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Reflecting on Good Friday

So yesterday was the big day for me. Every Lent I refrain from eating meat on Fridays and the holy grail, so to speak, for me is Good Friday. By now I will have battled "the devil" (a/k/a my cravings for meat) for several weeks on Fridays and not ate any meat. Of course the last several years, I've been very successful with this until Good Friday! It usually seems like I falter come Good Friday. I don't know why...my Nana would always tell me it was because by that day the devil had won! They she would laugh!! I will usually pick something up or go out and order a meal and after taking a bite or half-way through my meal it will dawn on me that it was Good Friday and I "sinned" on the biggest day of all the Fridays cumulative! Go figure!

This year I succeeded and survived without sin on Good Friday. Boy oh boy was it hard yesterday! Especially while sitting at Denny's for hours waiting to go and see my guy, reading Estates & Trusts (of course!), listening to everyone and their brother ordering burgers, wings and steaks. Especially when they would go on and on raving about how great their meat looked and tasted. Thank you non-Catholics and sinners!! Damned be your souls...* But I did it...this year, I did not commit the cardinal sin of consuming meat on Good Friday!**

So yesterday I entered the day with a plan. The plan was to leave work at noon, drive out to where my guy is, sit at Denny's, grab lunch, do some homework, and go in for our visit at 5:00pm instead of the earliest time I could visit, which is for 3:30pm. We suspected that the visiting room would be packed and there was a chance to be terminated early from our visit, so we went with the later time, after his count, so I could stay there until they threw me out at the end of visiting hours. Everything went well with this part of my plan. What I didn't plan for was to walk in the waiting room at quarter to 5 and see a thousand people there! Okay, maybe I exaggerated a bit but there had to have been almost 50 people in the waiting room to go back and visit their loved ones. I later determined that some people had been waiting for up to two hours! I did not get back in the visiting room until 6:30pm! It was crazy!! But hey...I got to see my guy for 2 hours, so it was worth it.*** Then my plan continued with going grocery shopping after my visit, which is my standard Friday night fare.

I also planned today to accomplish two major things in addition to everything else I have to do. Goal #1: Not to leave my house today. Goal #2: To sleep in until I woke up, as in no alarm, no need to be anywhere, nothing other than my body said 'Time to get your butt out of bed!' Well, both of these goals I have failed!

Goal #1: When I discovered that the meat market wasn't going to be open on Easter I had thought I would just go during the week so I didn't have to leave the house Saturday! Ha! They tried to get me out of the house, but I've got "them" beat...I can figure out other ways to get my meat.**** I had even decided I would put off my need for ink and paper to later in the week or see if Staples was open Sunday when I trekked out for my family dinner! However, I did not plan on both Meijers & Wal-Marts not having any dinner rolls Friday night at 10pm. I further did not plan on the worker at Wal-Marts telling me that the rolls would not be in until 5am on Saturday! Ugh!! So needless to say, I will be leaving the house for rolls, ink, paper & of course, some meat!

Goal #2: In an effort to work on #27 from here, I thought I had covered all of my bases to prevent from being awakened by outside interruptions this morning. Well...apparently I failed to change my crackberry to only ring with phone calls when I made my way to bed last night at about 2:15am. I only discovered this when some stupid email coming in a few hours later woke me up. I refused to comply with this little interruption. I adjusted my ringer, rolled over and went back to sleep. Now mind you, my guy was already well aware of the fact that I wanted to sleep in and expected him not to call me at 8:30am unless it was an emergency! My munchkin was with my aunt and they know better than to call me early unless there is an emergency. Well apparently the munchkin's CubScout leader doesn't know better! At 10:16am, my phone rang and woke me up. She was calling to tell me not to bring the munchkin over to Lowe's to sell Scout-A-Rama tickets at 11:00am, because our pack was "screwed-over yet again!" In case you didn't know, there is a lot of drama with regards to Cub & Boy Scouts. The store had booked two competing troops to sell tickets this morning and the woman who was suppose to bring the tickets to the Scout Leader to sell never showed up! Of course!! So after her call I had to wake up enough to call my aunt and tell them "no go" for Lowe's! And it appeared "no go" for Goal #2 for me!


Consider it done: 1, 2, 3, 18, 23, 24
Just getting started: 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 12*****, 17, 27
Needs attention: 10, 11, 13, 14, 15, 16, 19, 20, 21, 22, 25, 26, 28, 29, 30

*~~I kid y'all! ;) I love all sorts of non-Catholics & sinners! I would never damn anyone's soul...okay barely anyone!
**~~I do not count the lunchable containing ham that I ate at 2:30am Thursday night, because in j'lynn's world that was still my Thursday!!
***~~The things we do for love...
****~~Hmmm...my life seems to be revolving around meat. What's up with that?!?
*****~~You may be asking how I could be "just getting started" with picking up my car from the garage without it being done! Well, let me tell you...I paid for it yesterday, I confirmed it would be ready to pick up this weekend. Now I just need to go and pick it up! But since I have the opportunity to put miles on someone else's car, I'm going to use it (for free) for as long as I can. I will be picking my baby up after tomorrow's Easter dinner when I'm in town!

No comments:

Post a Comment