Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Urgent Care is Still A Doctor's Office, Not a Sports Bar

My trip to Urgent Care this weekend made me want to check this one off my list of future posts.

Several months ago, during one of my many trips to the Urgent Care before I was discovered why I felt so icky I wanted to scream at the people in the waiting room. I'm sitting there feeling like crap and it was a super busy time for the clinic. There are approximately 20 chairs in the waiting room and this trip all but 2 were filled.

Being an Urgent Care Clinic is apparently paying off because they also have a large flat-screen HDTV on the wall. They won't change the channel so you have to watch whatever is on NBC. This visit was a sports game. I cannot remember if it was football or hockey. Now mind you I'm a sports nut with the rest of them. When I can sit in my living room, alone, watching an Alabama football game and scream, yell, cheer, and bitch until I have a headache when the game ends I consider myself a bit of a sports nut! I do believe though that there is a time and place to cheer on your favorite teams and Urgent Care is not the place.

As I was sitting there feeling like crap, with all of these other people who I don't know, waiting to be treated, I didn't feel like I was at Urgent Care. I felt like I was at a Sports Bar! There was so much chatter, so much cheering, so much swearing, that I was looking for a waitress to bring me a drink to make me feel better! Seriously people...I just want to remind everyone that Urgent Care is still a Doctor's office, not a sports bar!

The last thing I want to hear while feeling like shit is people cheering, yelling and swearing at a TV in the doctor's office. It isn't chicken noodle soup and doesn't help sick people feel better...

1 comment: