Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

What do you need?

This is not the way to greet customers entering your restaurant, but this is how the munchkin, my aunt and I were greeted some time ago when we entered a local Chinese restaurant. Yes, I am serious! We walked in and the kid behind the counter literally greeted us this way and the following conversation ensued...

kid: What do you need?
j'lynn: Are you closed?
kid: No.
j'lynn: Then I guess we need a table.
kid: Oh.
j'lynn: Or else we can go somewhere else.
kid: No! Please come...please..how many in your party?

Okay. I've been to numerous places, but I've never been greeted with "What do you need?" Is this a new technique? Needless to say we haven't been back. It is hard enough to find a restaurant that isn't McDonald's that my munchkin agrees with or else we would have left that day too.

Is it just me or has the downturn in the economy also placed customer service in the toilet too? I really thought that it would have an opposite effect, but it seems that I have been wrong in this assumption.

2 comments:

  1. slap a ho!

    sorry i couldn't resist.

    yes, customer service seems to be crappier and crappier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really thought it would have the opposite affect...the companies should want our business, the employees should appreciate our business because if not for us, they may very well go out of business and be at the end of that long-ass unemployment line...who knew.

    ReplyDelete