Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Monday, May 23, 2011

Major Steps...Say A Little Prayer For Me, Would Ya?

I know I've tried this before, but today I went smoke-less. I don't know how this will turn out, but so far I'm doing okay. I didn't really want to quit, but I feel like I should. So last night I took my last 10 smokes, broke them up, tossed them in the garbage and said, "enough!" So please keep me in your prayers and thoughts...primarily that I don't shank anyone during this time of transition!

In other areas of my life, I weighed in this morning and discovered that nothing has changed since the last time...

Starting weight: 363lbs (7/9/09)
Current weight: 330.4lbs
Results from the last 11 weeks: 0lbs
Total weight lost: -32.6lbs

So this is the next area of my life that I need to get on top of as well. With quitting smoking I'm not aiming to lose anything this week...I'm more just hoping to get through the week. I'll deal with the fall out afterwards as long as I'm successful with the quitting smoking thing!!

3 comments:

  1. Good luck to you! It will make you healthier in the long run so here's hoping you're successful in both endeavors. Someone told me that Wellbutrin can help you stop smoking. It does not cause weight gain and for some people they are less hungry while taking it. Might be worth talking to your doctor about it. I don't know from experience since I never smoked but have heard some friends say it helped.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck to you! I quit smoking a few years ago and it was difficult but I'm so glad I did!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "me"~~Thank you! I've been on Wellbutrin before and found it did nothing for me smoking wise or losing weight, but it no longer surprises me that something else that works for others doesn't help me. LOL Thank you for the tip though. I'm doing pretty well so far, but I must admit it is hard!! :)

    Debbie~~Thanks!! I'm happy to hear of other success stories. I really wish I had "wanted" this to happen. It just sort of happened... I think that is the hardest part, but I know I'll be glad if I can just stay clean. Damn do I sound like an addict or what?!? LOL

    ReplyDelete