Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Not Going As Planned, But I'm Taking It One Day At A Time

Since I haven't posted in over a week you can probably guess by now that my week did not go as planned last week. I actually made it through last Monday a little better than I thought I would... I didn't bum a smoke off from anyone, which is a huge surprise. I didn't stop and by any smokes or anything. I felt good about it all as I went to bed last Monday and prepared for the week ahead. Then Tuesday morning happened and life went to hell very quickly...

Last Tuesday morning I got up, got ready for work and in my final preparations of doing my hair I dropped a sheet of bobby pins, bent down to pick them up and then proceeded to brush my teeth. That is when I realized that I couldn't stand up straight. I had messed up my back, big time. Regardless I went to work. With the help of my aunt I got myself in the car with ice packs behind my back. Let me tell ya, going to work was not one of my brighter ideas.

Once I was at work I knew I was in trouble. I couldn't stand up, I couldn't walk. I couldn't move my legs without physically picking them up and moving them. I was in a bad way... Finally I left at 2pm and headed to the doctor who then sent me to the hospital for x-rays of my spine. By the time I got home after being twisted like a pretzel for my x-rays I wasn't sure if I could get out of the car and into the house. Going up my steps put me in more pain and by the time I was in the house I was sick to my stomach and in tears.

I spent the next several days in the bed, taking pain pills and muscle relaxers. I think by Saturday I was able to sit up for a few hours at a time and of course I had the family cookout planned for Sunday. Plus I needed to be ready to return to work today!

Sunday went off without a hitch. Or should I say not too big of a hitch...just a tornado warning at the end, which cleared everyone out of here in a jiffy! LOL Even though Monday was the actual holiday all I managed to accomplish was feeling sick as a dog and sore as could be. I still tried to take a moment to reflect and give thanks to those men and women who gave their lives for my freedom and I hope everyone had a wonderful Memorial Day!!

I returned to work today and requested...er...demanded that my doctor order PT for me, because I remain in pain. Hopefully the pain disappears very soon. One good thing about being in bed for almost a week...you remain smoke free, so tonight is night #8 of being smoke free. As for the rest...I'm just taking it one day at a time.

2 comments:

  1. i am so sorry you screwed your back up! do you have an official diagnosis? did it happen when you picked up the bobby pins? any ways, love u girl! and hope you recover switfly and completely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Back pain is the worst! I screwed mine up a couple weeks ago. Last for almost a week. It hurt to sit down and stand up. Only laying down worked. Unfortunately I could not miss any work. Fortunately, it started on a Thursday so I had a weekend and some special helpers to recover. Hope you are better soon!

    ReplyDelete