Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Sunday, January 17, 2010

All Men Are Just Little Boys At Heart

This is something I've known for a very long time, but witnessed it again last night at Monster Jam. The munchkin described the night as "The best night of my life!" Isn't he a doll? I love my baby! :) I will admit, it was a blast. Getting there wasn't, but once we were there it was awesome!

The trip into the city was fine until we hit the city. Every single short cut was blocked, which took extra time for us to find out. At one point, we thought we found the way in only to be sent around in a circle by the idiots directing traffic. We finally made it there and made it inside to get to our seats 15 mins before the show started. Even though we were on the top level, we were only the second row in and our seats were great. The only problem we encountered were the two old fat assholes at the end of the row who gave you grief, dirty looks and blew their breath for making them get up so we could get to our seats. This lead to only one trip out in the 3 hours we were there and that was only to get munchies. Since there was only one way into the row we had to pass the fat old men each time. I wanted to say to them "sucks to be you, deal with it and consider it some exercise!"

The show was fantastic and all of the men were so into it it cracked my aunt and I up! Of course we had started laughing when we were looking for parking and I said to her, "Um, do you see the guy in the bib overalls? I don't think he has a shirt on." She agrees, laughing, and then she adds, "And he has dread-locks!" We bust out laughing and I declare, "Welcome to Redneck Country* at the D!"

During the freestyle portion of the night, which is my favorite part and I suspect everyone else's too, one guy flipped his truck early and the crowd went nuts! So what does every driver afterwards do? Flip their truck, of course!! It was so funny! The more they tore up their vehicles, the more men yelled, screamed and cheered!! It was great!!

Every January/February we have made it tradition to take the munchkin to see Elmo, but since my son declared this year he was too old for Elmo** I think we found its replacement.

Consider it done: 1, 2, 3, 4, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17
Just getting started: 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, 15, 18, 22
Needs attention: 7, 19, 20, 21

*~~No offense intended here as my man declares himself as a redneck, so please don't take offense. I've actually picked up some redneck tendencies in the decade I've been with my guy! ;)
**~~Against my wishes, my munchkin is right. He was probably too old last year too, but I wasn't willing to make that jump to an older forum to carry out our yearly tradition yet. I wasn't really ready to make that jump this year either, but I did and I'm glad that I did it. Of course, this just makes my desire for more babies stronger...

2 comments:

  1. He is definitely growing up which is what I thought when I got his recent pic! What a little man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dani! He is growing up...against my wishes! :(

    ReplyDelete