Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Stupid Sausage

So the last few weeks I've been striving to cook more at home. So usually when I set out on shopping I try to come up with something I can make over the weekend that will have a few meals of leftovers to eat during the week. I also try and come up with something that I can put in the crock pot Monday morning to help my aunt out since she has to work all day, feed the munchkin and take him to religion class for 6:30pm. It makes for a pretty tight schedule.

So this past Sunday I made a chicken pot-pie. I usually make a turkey pot-pie after Thanksgiving and Christmas. Well, the holidays weren't totally kind to us with regards to being able to use the left over Turkey as I dreamed about. Also, I had picked up some Phyllo dough to use when I finally got around to making my pot-pie. Who knew Phyllo dough was so tough to work with and so darn time consuming? Well, I accomplished my pot-pie and it was uber delicious! Yay me! I had also picked up some (skinless) polish sausage and sauerkraut to stick in the crock pot for Monday. It was yummy and my aunt even left a note that night saying "Great Supper! Yummy!"

After going to the gym Monday night I ate the sausage (no sauerkraut for me, thank you!) for dinner. Last night in class I didn't get to eat my sandwich or my carrots or my apple, so I decided to eat some more of the sausage for dinner since I offered up the remaining left overs of my chicken pot-pie to my aunt to take to work with her for today's lunch. Well, this was a mistake! I woke up this morning with a horrible stomach ache and feeling just lousy. I was so nauseous I knew there was no way I was going to be able to make it to work and actually be okay. I felt so bad that I even had a bit of the shakes and felt chilled to the bone. So I decided to call-in.

I now think it wasn't just the stupid sausage at work, but the fact that I cursed myself last night! I had just said to my aunt last night while devouring my dinner, "Can you believe it is 26 days into the new year and I haven't even called in sick to work once!?" We reflected back onto the beginning of 2009 when I seemed to be calling into work about once a week because I felt horrible. I didn't know at the time, it was because of my impending diagnosis of diabetes that probably led to my feeling like shit for the first six months of 2009 and averaging missing a day of work a week.

So after doing this reflecting last night, I made a little goal in my head of trying to see how long I could go into the new year before I needed to take a day off for either being ill or because of needing to finish something for school...who knew that in less than 18 hours I would fail at that goal... Good grief.

I'm sure my level of exhaustion had nothing to do with feeling icky this morning even though I slept until 1:30pm this afternoon... So much for my message to my boss saying if I felt better when I woke up I would come in since by the time I would have showered, got ready and got to work it would have been time to leave for class (which I skipped tonight as well).

Consider it done: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 28
Just getting started: 10, 27

No comments:

Post a Comment