Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Saturday, January 23, 2010

The Good, The Bad & The Ugly

The Good...
Well all of my grades are finally in! I rocked last semester!! I mean really rocked it! I have never done so well in law school ever!!!! I had the top grades in both my Litigation and Small Firm classes. Can you freaking believe that?!? I even rocked my PR grade!!!! I was disappointed in my Pre-Trial grade, but I'll survive. My grades ranged from a 3.3 to a 4.0!! I've never had a semester where all of my grades were in the 3.0 range and above. Hell, most of my grades sit in the range of mid-2.0's and with everything else I have going on in my life, I'm okay with that! Honestly, I make myself okay with it. But also, I have never had a 4.0 or a highest grade in a law school class in the 3.5 years I've been attending. I don't know if I will ever be able to repeat this; however, it would be great. I did discover with the knowledge of all of my grades...results help motivate me! I'm ready to kick ass again this semester. I may not be able to live up to last semester, but I'm ready to try my hardest...

The Bad...
Thursday night my brother called me about a situation he has with the receipt he received from their daycare and how to deal with it. During this conversation he told me how he and the wife owe over $3,000 to said daycare, no longer have a checking account because they bounced too many checks, they owe their former checking account bank over $800 and another bank $90. He is already talking about filing bankruptcy, which he can't do because he and his ex-wife filed in 2006 and his new wife filed on her own sometime before 2007. Planning a bankruptcy that cannot take place for another 3 or 4 years...damn!

An hour or so later I receive an email from his wife of her in a wedding dress asking us what we thought. I had a suspicion of what this means, but my response was "I'm confused." After a discussion via BBM my suspicions were confirmed. They are planning "a little ceremony for [their] wedding since it was just a court house thing." The base cost for this "little" thing is $3,000. Mind you, bro still owes me $425. The biggest kicker of this whole thing is the fact that they planned this for my munchkin's birthday weekend. When I brought this up, do you know what I was told?!? I was told to move my son's birthday. Seriously?!? You must be fucking kidding me with this shit!

Needless to say, I'm still fuming over this mess. Leave it to my brother and his wife to be so self-centered. UGH....

The Ugly...
**Be warned that not only is this ugly, but it is highly disgusting!!**
We have one sick puppy at my office. Actually demented might be a bit more appropriate here. The following incidents have happened on several occasions in the ladies room at my office: toilet paper with human excrement still on it on the floor; toilet paper with human excrement still on it on the toilet seat; pubic hairs left on the toilet seat; and urine all over the floor. Am I the only person that turns around and looks before she leaves the stall to make sure everything is where it is suppose to be and nothing is left behind or fell off? Seriously???? Not only is this disgusting, but it is also a health issue in my eyes. These incidents have happened enough and on a regular enough basis that it has to be an employee. I'm about to buy some latex gloves and a mask to work in!

Consider it done: 1*, 2**, 3, 12, 13, 18, 28
Just getting started: 4, 8, 9, 10, 11
Needs attention: 5, 6, 7, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27

*~~Dear Work: I'm just not that into you. I'm sorry. I'll try harder next week. I just wasn't feeling it. But I'm willing to try it again Monday, if you are. Truly yours, j'lynn
**~~Apparently everybody decided to visit Friday night. It was packed and noisy. I was exhausted, feeling "off", and am definitely PMS'g. He was feeling feisty and was in one of those jokey, smart ass moods. Don't ya just hate it when you and your loved one is having an "off" night? It isn't bad, but it isn't great either. It is just blah.

No comments:

Post a Comment