Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Early Sunday Mornings

I am not an early riser, ever. I love to sleep in and I'm not one of those people who say, "I slept in this morning till 9 o'clock!" Um, hello?!? That isn't sleeping in! When I say I slept in, I mean I slept in...like till noon or sometime there after.

Last night while trying to read the thousand pages I'm behind in Trial Practice (it isn't hard getting so far behind when he never goes over what he assigns and never calls on anyone!) I felt super sleepy around 8:30pm. I pushed and pushed myself to read more, but finally called it quits around 8:44pm. I decided to go and lay down for a bit and just get up whenever I woke up and get back to lovely Trial Practice. Heck, I didn't even shut off my lamp in the living room and I laid down in my jeans and sweatshirt. I figured I would be up around midnight or so to do some more reading. I was surprised when I woke up and saw that it was 7:00am, Sunday morning.

Needless to say, I made my way out to the living room and began reflecting on early Sunday mornings and realized how quiet it is. I'm totally amazed. It is never quiet in my neighborhood. There is always someone getting in their car, racing down the street, warming their car to leave at the butt crack of dawn or someone racing back in during in the dark wee hours. It is pleasantly nice to be up, look around outside and see everyone's house dark, no cars warming up and no one racing down the street. The other nice thing is...no one playing loud music already, which is a normal feature in these parts in the early morning hours. It must be a Sunday morning thang!

So wrapped in a blanket, I take a moment to enjoy this total solitude and then decide it is time to get back to that lovely Trial Practice homework.

Consider it done: 1, 2, 4, 8, 9, 11, 12, 13, 15
Just getting started: 3, 5, 6, 10, 17
Needs attention: 7, 14, 16, 18

2 comments:

  1. my favorite memories of home were getting up early with my dad and mom and we would sit on the front porch smoking and drinking our coffee in the quiet of the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe Blaez...that is so sweet. :) Those are great memories to have.

    ReplyDelete