Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Observations

Monday~~
  • While standing outside the building, freezing my fingers and behind off while the temperatures hover in the high-teens, low-twenties I witness a man walking towards me. His gloves look vaguely familiar. When he passes me, I watch his hands sway next to him and as he passes I realize where I've seen those gloves before...in my son's baseball bag. Dude was wearing batting gloves. Now I know my hobo-gloves don't offer total warmth with the fingertips missing, but how warm could batting gloves be in Arctic temps?
  • Motivation for me seems to come from actually doing. Strange how that works, isn't it? The more I did on my list this weekend and this week, the more I wanted to get done. If only I could continue to remember this and follow through on it maybe then I would get more and more done. Why is this such a hard lesson for me to learn and to remember? Don't you think this should be an easy lesson? Is this the way it always is? My goodness...the issue of motivation for me has raised a lot of questions, hasn't it? ;)
Tuesday~~
  • When I'm feeling motivated in an area of my life, i.e. personal life, school life, work life I can only be motivated in one maybe two at a time. I can't be motivated in all areas of my life. This week I've been focused on motivation in my personal life first and in my school life second. You know what that means...my work life has suffered. Usually this would be cause for concern, but I can't do it all. So today I took for me and my personal things and some school things. Hey, a girl can only concentrate on so many things at once.
  • Leaving my office at 5:55pm to get a Diet Coke and a quick smoke before you return to read before class only gets you one thing...locked off your floor. And when you ask security to let you back up there, they will ask you for the one thing you don't have on you...your ID. Why? Because you don't need it to smoke or to buy a $2 drink. Where is it? Um...in my office on that floor that y'all won't let me get up to. Security offers to call to verify I am who I claim to be, but they will be calling an office that is closed and goes to voice mail. Shocking that my office would be closed at 6:05pm, isn't it? Luckily one of our supervisors was still in the office and I actually had that person's cell phone number. More shocking is that when he answered the phone "Yo Yo Your Momma" I didn't even identify myself and just verified he was still where I needed him and that I needed him to come and get me! Who knew the "big guy" would be my knight in a shiny elevator tonight... Upon leaving my office at 7:30pm tonight, I swung by security to make sure he knew I did really belong there and was told that they were just trying to keep us safe. From who? Myself? Apparently me and my Diet Coke are quite dangerous. Who knew!
Consider it done: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 20, 21, 22, 26, 27, 28, 29, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36
Just getting started: 19*, 23, 24, 25, 30
Needs attention: 31

*~~Who knew this would take more than one call/transaction, but at least I have it started!

2 comments:

  1. Okay, I find it hilarious that someone answered their cell phone saying Yo Yo Your Momma. Such professionalism.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dani~~I find it disturbing that I didn't even flinch when he answered that way. I expected nothing less from him. LOL

    ReplyDelete