Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Friday, January 15, 2010

One Strange Day...Is there a full moon?

Of course it started out with me oversleeping...go figure. I was about 30 mins late to work, which isn't unusual for me. I confess...I'm a slacker, especially this week. Of course now crap is piled up on my desk and to be honest when I signed out at 4:29pm I didn't care. I just needed to leave. I need these next 3 days off, badly. I made great time and went and saw my man, which was great! :) From there I went grocery shopping to get that out of the way, or at least the majority of it since it appears against the law for one store to carry everything I require. After I loaded the bags into the back end of my car I put the cart away and when I looked up I see two teenage girls sitting in their car smoking dope. Yes, I have issues with this for several reasons...

#1) It is illegal;
#2) If you choose to do something illegal, that is your choice; however, maybe you shouldn't do it in public;
#3) If you throw caution to the wind and do this in a public maybe you shouldn't do it in the Meijer parking lot;
#4) And if you choose to do this illegal act in the public parking lot of Meijer at least you picked night time to do it (Kudos to you for this smart decision);
#5) However, you lost the kudos above when you opted to park under one of the big-ass lights that illuminate everything you are doing in your car.

But young ladies, let me tell you this...had my 7 year-old son been with me I wouldn't have opted not to swing by the state police who had an unlucky speeder pulled over in the entrance to the store less than an acre away as I did tonight. Let that be your lesson this evening...pick a better, non-public place to commit an illegal act.

After deciding not to narc out the public pot-smoking teen girls to the state cop, I filled up with gas and headed home. That is when I was passed by another motorist. This happens from time to time. Not usually me since I have one hell of a lead foot, but it can happen. It is to be expected. What is not to be expected is to be passed when you are already going ten over the speed limit. What is also not to be expected is for the passer to pass the passee* using the turn lane on a bridge. Now that is safe, asshole!

Consider it done: 1**, 2, 3, 12, 16
Just getting started: 4, 8, 9, 10, 11, 15, 22
Needs attention: 5, 6, 7, 13, 14, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21

*~~this isn't a word, but it really seems to work. Don't ya think?
**~~this was not overly successful since I was totally exhausted Friday and was falling asleep at my desk while typing. But the one great thing about work is you get a re-do several times a week! Well...hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment