Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Saturday, July 17, 2010

A Lost Saturday

Last night I knew I had to attend my Tax review, which was scheduled for 9am this morning. Do you think that got me to bed at a decent time? Um...that would be a negative! I still thought maybe if I went to bed at 2am, which seems to be my usual bedtime I would make it there with no problem. I thought I would even have time to run and get fill up and pick up a diet coke too! What was I thinking??

Needless to say, that didn't work out for me. I live approximately 40 miles from school so when I got in the car at 8:40am and started driving I thought maybe I should just attend tomorrow's afternoon session and should just turn around. Then I decided to just go for it...if I was too late I'd just punish myself with going tomorrow instead. Plus I had no desire to get dressed and go up to school tomorrow, so that was a huge motivating factor for me!

As I pull up to the school I see that our parking lot is locked. I park on the street and realize I'm only running about 15 mins late. Cool! I walk up to go inside and realize that everyone in class is sitting on the side steps listening to the lecture. Prof. Tax Guru didn't ensure that the school would be open so our review consisted of us sitting on cement steps, outside, for almost 2 hours. Are you frickin' kidding me?!? WTF?! I just busted my ass, drove like a crazy woman to sit on cement for almost 2 hours? Ugh...

After the review I headed back home, but upon stopping for gas I realized I didn't have my driver's license with me! WHAT?! Thank goodness I didn't get popped for doing 85 up the expressway on my way up! Believing my license was at home, I obeyed all of the traffic laws and came straight home. I look at the only other place my license would be (in the case I collect quarters for my Friday night visits) and it isn't there. Just great... I look in my wallet again and there it was stuck behind my health care card. So I did have it with me the whole time. Had I known that I would have stopped off and watched the munchkin at his Soccer Striker Clinic...

The rest of the day was not productive at all. I felt like I would start something and then without finishing I would move to something else. Needless to say I've accomplished very little today. Well except that little nap!

I've had a headache the past couple of days, so I decided to lay down around 3pm for a little nap, thinking I would be up in time to run to the meat market before it closed. Well, I thought wrong. I didn't wake up until close to 8...long past closing time for the meat market. Guess I'll be getting up and getting dressed tomorrow regardless since I have to go to the meat market...

For all intents and purposes though I consider today a lost day with not really accomplishing much other than sleeping and eating...

I did accomplish my weekly weigh-in this morning and I'm happy to report Today's stats:

Starting weight (7/8/09): 363lbs
Current weight: 318.6lbs
This week's results: -1.8lbs
Total weight lost: -44.4lbs

I am only 1lb away from here, the lowest I've been since starting this journey a little over a year ago. Now if I can get below that point I'm back on my way of actually losing weight versus what I've been doing for the last several months, which is playing around with the same damn 8lbs...

Consider it done: 1, 2, 3, 4, 7, 16
Just getting started: 5, 9, 17, 18, 19,
Needs attention: 6, 8, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 20, 21, 22

No comments:

Post a Comment